Japanese Kitty Cat Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Kitty Cat Cards?

I'm not sure what's crazier... the idea that someone in Japan decided to make trading cards of cats dressed up as humans... or the fact that I bought a pack for $3.

As soon as I saw these packs at the Japanese grocery store, I knew I had to grab one. I mean... how often do you see a cat wearing a leather jacket on a pack of cards (actually... there's only one card inside).

In fact, I demonstrated absolutely no self control and ripped open the pack in the parking lot.

Inside, there was a stick of gum and this:

Nope, your eyes aren't deceiving you. It's a plastic card with three cats drinking beer & counting their Benjamins. I'm not sure what the purpose of this product, but I'll admit... the picture is definitely a conversation piece.

The back of the card resembles an ID card with a photo of a cat licking its lips:

I'd love to sit down with the creator of this product to pick his/her brain. I mean, who is this product marketed for? The 6 year old girl who loves dressing up kittens? The 75 year old woman who owns 15 cats? Or could it be the 39 year old guy who loves oddball cards?

By the way... in case you're wondering... that piece of gum was amazing! Just imagine the furthest thing from a piece of pink, brittle, and chalky Topps gum.

Happy Tuesday everyone... and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

well, i was wrong. NOW i have seen it all.

aloha!

Comment

Here's a story about these cats,
      nameneko.com NAMENNAYO

Based on my limited Japanese, that's not a ID card, it's an expired driver's license.

I thought these cat's products was discontinued in the late 80s, some complains the creator/ photographer abused the animals, they have to "fix" the cat with wires in order to shoot those pics.

I collect Utah Jazz players cards and Autographed cards
      I also collects Football, Baseball and movies cards
      Please click my banner to go to my photobucket

Wanted: 09-10 Certified Fabric of the Game of Andrei Kirilenko & Mehmet Okur
      FYI, I live in Hong Kong!

Comment

Great information... thanks! I've gotta hunt down one of those snowboards on their site ;-)

Originally posted by moosejaw00 View Post
        Here's a story about these cats,
        nameneko.com NAMENNAYO

Based on my limited Japanese, that's not a ID card, it's an expired driver's license.

I thought these cat's products was discontinued in the late 80s, some complains the creator/ photographer abused the animals, they have to "fix" the cat with wires in order to shoot those pics.
        Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

I gotta get one of those cats drinking beer cards!!!! lol
          Isaiah 40:31 : But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

TTM AUTOGRAPH COUNT : 3258
          Check out my TTM Auto SASE breaks now on YouTube

Comment

Lol... I know, right?

Originally posted by Butch View Post
            I gotta get one of those cats drinking beer cards!!!! lol

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X