Cheap Cool Cards #26: The Soup Nazi American Pie Relic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Cool Cards #26: The Soup Nazi American Pie Relic

Seinfeld is one of the greatest sitcoms in the history of television, largely in part to the amazing characters that graced the show. And when it comes characters on Seinfeld, few are more memorable than The Soup Nazi, played by Larry Thomas.

So when I discovered the above 2011 Topps American Pie relic card online for $1(free shipping), I immediately purchased it. They usually sell in the $2 to $3 range on eBay, which I still find reasonable when you consider what Larry Thomas has contributed to pop culture:

Okay... it's your turn:

Who's your favorite Seinfeld character?

My favorite has always been George, because it cracked me up that we're so much alike. The only difference is that I have too much pride to let others think I'm an idiot. So I'd keep those thoughts to myself, instead of acting upon them.

Have a great weekend and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Mark,
    I love reading your posts but "No soup for you" lol
    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

LOL... that's okay... it's starting to get hot in Cali, so soup is off the menu for at least 6 or 7 months. Thanks for reading my posts!

Originally posted by thebighurt035 View Post
      Mark,
      I love reading your posts but "No soup for you" lol
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Lol, I've been trying to trade this and some other American Pie cards in the marketplace but no takers. I don't think anyone else appreciates the soup nazi like you.

Comment

Yeah... I guess you'd have to be a big Seinfeld guy to appreciate this card. But in all honesty, had I known you had the card for trade, I might not have traded for it anyways. Why not you ask? Well first off... it has nothing to do with you or your card. It's all about these four things:

#1: I'd have to give up $6 (or something in the area of $6 bv depending on what you'd want in return).

#2: I'd have to provide a padded envelope & shipping supplies to secure shipment.

#3: I'd have to drive down to the post office, which is about a 5 mile (round trip drive).

#4: I'd have to pay the shipping on my end of the deal.

The sum of those four things = I'd rather pay $1 (free shipping) instead. Damn... I sort of sound like The Cardboard Nazi :-)

Originally posted by NickNifty View Post
          Lol, I've been trying to trade this and some other American Pie cards in the marketplace but no takers. I don't think anyone else appreciates the soup nazi like you.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

haha I wasn't saying that. just saying it's funny that you mentioned a pull that didn't appeal to me as appealing to you.

at this point I would gladly trade the four american pie cards for one card I liked. I don't trade for bv I trade for what I like.

Comment

I just reread what I wrote... and realized it could be interpreted in a couple of ways. Hopefully, I didn't offend you. It definitely wasn't meant to be taken that way. I appreciate all collectors taking the time to read my posts and the last thing I want to do is spur people away.

So, here's essentially what I meant to say. These days I rarely trade online because of shipping supplies, postage rates, and gas. But if there are enough cards to justify spending the money and taking a trip to the post office, I'll definitely do it.

With that being said... maybe we can help each other out. Which four American Pie relics do you have? I don't even mind having an extra Soup Nazi, because I can use it as a prize in my annual contest that I hold on my blog. Feel free to check out my bucket or tradelists (on my website) to see if you can use anything for your collection.

haha I wasn't saying that. just saying it's funny that you mentioned a pull that didn't appeal to me as appealing to you.

at this point I would gladly trade the four american pie cards for one card I liked. I don't trade for bv I trade for what I like.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Nah you didn't offend me. I just meant that I wasn't suggesting that you should have traded with me instead. Obviously 1$ shipped is a great deal

Comment

That's good to know. PM is coming you way!

Nah you didn't offend me. I just meant that I wasn't suggesting that you should have traded with me instead. Obviously 1$ shipped is a great deal

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X