• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #18: DVD & SLU

When: Sunday, May 20thWhere: Capitol Flea Market
    What: a 1991 Kenner Starting Lineup & a DVD
    How Much: $17

Allergies have been kicking my butt lately and my medicine makes me sleepy and lazy. So this morning, I decided to get out of bed and walk around the local flea market. It's the kind of flea market where vendors sell barrels upon barrels of garbage.

Do any of you watch Storage Wars? If so, it's the type of flea market you'd find Darrell Sheets at. You can find everything from headless Barbie's to brand new iPhone cases. And if you're lucky, there'll be three or four guys out there selling sports memorabilia.

Purchase #1: Disney's National Treasure DVD $2

There are tons of vendors with DVD's at this flea market. I'd say 95% of them are used, but they're affordable. That's why I'll rarely buy DVD's from the store, unless they're on clearance or hard to find.

I wasn't really looking around for DVD's, but I've been wanting to buy a copy of this movie for my classroom. And after closer inspection, I discovered it was still sealed. At two bucks, I couldn't pass it up.

Purchase #2: 1991 Michael Jordan Kenner Starting Lineup $15

My second and final purchase came towards the end of my stroll. I came across a guy who had a ton of collectibles (everything from 70's lunch boxes to Star Trek cards. He also had a box full of SLU's. The two that caught my eye were a 1995 Grant Hill and the Jordan you see above. He was asking $30 for the Hill, which seemed a little steep. On the other hand, I felt the Jordan was well worth the $15 he was asking. It's in almost perfect condition.

In fact, it looks like it was taken from the case and inserted right into the protective holder.

Most of the ones on eBay sell in the $20 to $40 range, but there have been a couple that sold for $10 (free shipping). Regardless, I'm willing to pay the extra $5 to know that mine is in amazing condition.

Sunday's question...

Do you watch Storage Wars? If so, who's your favorite character?

I'm a huge fan of this show. Although, I've been told a lot of the stuff on it is far from real. Usually, I'll pull for Barry since he's a fellow collector. But I also enjoy watching Brandi & Jarrod take down Dave. Damn... I hate Dave.

Happy Sunday everyone... and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Great finds. The MJ is a good deal. Also National Treasure and National Treasure 2 are two of my favorite movies.

Comment

I haven't watched the National Treasure movies. My boys are old enough now I should rent/borrow them and watch them on a family movie night.

Storage Wars - Barry is an interesting guy - kind of kooky. Brandi does a little something for me as well - kind of trashy but still kind of cute.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Storage Wars is fun to watch. I get you dislike of Dave. His attitude reminds me of Traders who throw the Beckett guide in your face when trading Nice Jordan SLU!!!
        Always looking for Gary Carter, Carlton Fisk, Nolan Ryan, Yogi Berra.

Comment

Love Storage wars. Especially Brandi and Jarrod

Comment

Working...
          X