• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #26: Wax Boxes & Star Trek Figures

When:Sunday, December 9th
    Where: Capitol Flea Market
    What: Sports Card Wax Boxes & Star Trek Figures
    How Much?: $18

I've been wanting to walk around the flea market for a few weeks now... but the weather here in the Bay Area hasn't been cooperating. Thankfully... yesterday was nice and sunny, so I called up my buddy and asked him if he wanted to head out there.

Since money is tight, I didn't plan on buying anything unless it was super cheap and in the end, I walked away spending less than $20... which is a lot less than I sometimes spend.

Here's what I picked up:

Purchase #1: A Pair of Wax Boxes$10

2001 Fleer Impact Baseball

1990/91 Score Hockey

Five dollars a box? I'm all over it. I know they aren't exactly hot products, but they'll entertain me for at least 30 minutes on one of these cold, winter days when I'm bored. Who knows... maybe I'll get lucky and pull a cool Gwynn insert or a overproduced Brodeur rookie card.

Purchase #2: Star Trek Figures$8

My buddy and I came across this vendor who was dumping a huge toy collection, so we stopped to see what he had. After digging through his boxes for nearly an hour, my buddy emerged with over 200 Hot Wheels,while I walked away with 24 Star Trek Figures... six of them are duplicates that aren't pictured.

Now, I like Star Trek, but I'm more of a Star Wars kind of guy. Which means that I have no intention of keeping these. Hopefully I can get a few bucks a piece the next time I'm a vendor... if not, at 33ยข/figure... I should be able to at least make my money back.

What about you...

Do you ever buy stuff with the sole intention of flipping it?

I'm definitely not in this hobby to make money. Actually, I'm fairly certain 90% of my purchases are like car purchases... they drop in value as soon as I take possession. However, if the opportunity presents itself and I'm able to add to my cardboard budget... I'll take it.

Happy Monday everyone and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X