Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The World's Best Bobble Head"

My name is Fuji and I'm a bobbleholic.

Do you suffer from this disorder too? Well if you have ever purchased a bobble head of Mr. Mint and he's not a relative or family friend, then the answer is definitely "yes".

If you're not familiar with Alan "Mr. Mint" Rosen, then I encourage you look him up on the internet. No spare time? No problem. I'll summarize him in twenty-two words. He's the card industry's version of a used car salesman, who is the self proclaimed most recognized figure in the (card) industry.

Personally... I'm not a fan of arrogance, nor am I a fan of Mr. Mint. So why the heck would I buy a bobble head of him? Let me repeat myself... I'm a bobbleholic.

A few weeks ago, I found it for $6.25 (free delivery) online and for the price... had to have it.

From what I've read on the internet and on the box, these were given out by Mr. Mint himself at his table in 2002 at The National in Chicago.

As a bonus, he even autographed the box. Well... at least I assume it's his autograph. And if that wasn't enough, there was even one of his baseball cards inserted inside of the box:

Not bad right? Especially when it's supposedly:

Maybe I should start proclaiming myself as the author of The World's Best Chubby, Japanese-American Sports Card Blogger in the Bay Area Who Owns The World's Best Bobble Head. Nah... who am I kidding?

The real question is...

If you owned a bobble head of this guy, what would you do with it?

Blow it up? Use it as a paperweight? Draw tattoos on his head?

Seriously... I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. But one thing is for sure... I have no buyer's remorse, because my name is Fuji and I'm a bobbleholic.

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Bloody h#ll, x amount of months years that'll be worth a bloody fortune.
    Id love to give a one made in a friends image but theyre really expensive.

Comment

I looked into getting one made for a friend to mine and her dog, but it was almost $100. You know you've made it when they make a bobble of you ;-)

Originally posted by gdkool View Post
      Bloody h#ll, x amount of months years that'll be worth a bloody fortune.
      Id love to give a one made in a friends image but theyre really expensive.
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X