Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Leaf Cut Signature 5 Box Break! Nelson Mandela 1/1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Leaf Cut Signature 5 Box Break! Nelson Mandela 1/1!

We busted 5 boxes of 2012 Leaf Cut Signature Edition and pulled the following (in the order we opened them):

Simon Cowell - American Idol - X-Factor 4 of 12
    Gene Tierney - Actress in "Laura" 2 of 3. Inscribed "Best Wishes", Died 1991 (I don't know who this is)
    Nelson Mandela - President of South Africa 1 of 1. Dated 2-12-91

Warren Beatty - Actor in "Bugsy" 39 of 40. Pretty cool as it's on an english check, stamped 22 MAR 66
    Jack Haley - Actor - Wizard of Oz (The Tin Man) 25 of 36, Died 1979, From a check

I think all of the auto's we pulled are very cool. I didn't know who Jack Haley was at first until I read Tin Man.

I think the Mandela is pretty valuable. 1 website I read said that his is the most valuable autograph of a living person. Apparently he stopped signing in 2010. Anybody familier with this kind of stuff?? There aren't any comparable ended auctions on ebay.

Here is a link to Mandela being the #1 most valuable living auto, don't know how accurate that is:
    Top 10: Most valuable living signatures - Wikicollecting

The other interesting thing about the Mandela is that surprisingly, it has a Telly Savalas auto on the back. When you hold our Mandela up to the light, you can see the other auto on the back!

Here are 2 links referencing the 2nd Telly Savalas auto:
    RR Autograph Auction Nelson Mandela Ballpoint signature | RR Auctions
    RR Auction: Past Auction Item

The auto was originally on a 3x2 card with Mandela on one side and the Savalas on the other. When we hold the card up to the light we can see the other auto, but of course it's a little hard to see because of the backing that leaf put on the card, but it's there. Leaf won the auction for $1016.40. With it now being proven certifed, labeled 1/1 and encased by Beckett it would guess that it would fetch quite more than that.

Does anyone know if the date is of any significance right off hand?

My wife and I have a lot of fun opening this stuff and we turn it into a guessing game while we do it, making it a blast! One of us opens a box and then looks at the auto. The other has to guess who it may be from. We have another 6 box case on the way!

I can post pics of the other cards if anyone is interested, just let me know!

Jesse

Very nice Mandela, I just wrote an essay on him a few weeks back lol.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Working...
    X