My (Updated) Wall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My (Updated) Wall of Fame

I hate clutter. Sometime during my childhood, I evolved into a neat freak and it's been a blessing and a curse ever since. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my OCD and the fact that I love to sort and organize things... which is why collecting sports cards is the perfect hobby for me.

The problem is... I'm a "pack rat" too. I knew I had to figure out something fast or I'd end up going insane.

My solution is to keep my house completely clutter-free, except for my office. This is the one place I can relax and let myself go. And over the past two years, that's just what I've done. Here's a look at my main wall of memorabilia:

The Oakland A's Shelf

This is probably my favorite shelf. My allegiance to the Athletics spans nearly four decades... longer than any of my other favorite professional sports teams.

The Los Angeles Lakers Shelf

I don't really watch basketball anymore and when I do, I cheer for the Golden State Warriors. But I keep this shelf intact as a reminder of my childhood. Plus, Kobe is still my favorite player to watch.

The Green Bay Packers Shelf

Useless fact: this is the only shelf in my office that has more McFarlanes than SLU's.

The San Diego Padres Shelf

I know... it's a little empty. One of these days, I'd like to add at least one more Tony Gwynn SLU or maybe a nice Padres bobble head.

The San Jose Spartans, Sabrecats, and Giants Shelf

As my students would say... I've got to represent the 408.

The Seattle Seahawks Shelf

Mr. McFarlane, if you're reading this... When are you going to make a Steve Largent figure?

The San Jose Sharks Shelves

Out of all of my PC's... my Sharks' collection is easily the largest and most cluttered. The problem is, I'm always finding cool things to add to the shelves without getting rid of anything. But that's the life of being a "pack rat".

Alright... time to spend the next two hours dusting all of the shelves.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X