Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Box Break!

Happy237th Birthday USA!

To honor this special occasion, I woke up this morning and busted a box of 1992 Starline Americana. "What's Americana?", you ask.

According to Merriam-Webster, Americana are materials concerning or characteristic of America, its civilization, or its culture. And that's exactly what Starline built their checklist around.

This 250 card set contains famous Americanpoliticians, heroes, athletes, military leaders, inventors, writers, and other key figures who have left their mark on U.S. history.

The box contained 36 packs and each pack had 12 cards. Each wrapper contained an advertisement for a special edition collector's album with an Americana logo and fifteen 9-pocket pages.

If you're a history buff, you'll enjoy this set. Although the photography isn't the greatest, the information you'll find on the card backs make up for it. Each card contains basic biographical information, historical highlights, and a trivia question.

Unfortunately, the collation was terrible. At 432 cards per box, I should have been able to walk away with a complete set. But, I came up four cards short. Thankfully, these boxes are pretty cheap, so I'm planning to buy another one and cross my fingers.

Happy4thof July! Enjoy a safe, holiday weekend. Sayonara!

Extra Edition!

Wilson... is this crazy enough for you?

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

This is a very nice break! Is this set like the Panini Americana cards? I've always wanted to pick up a blaster box but I end up with my usual football choices.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

The Panini Americana is a much nicer product. This stuff doesn't contain any relics or autographs... and it's printed on very cheap card stock. But considering it was produced in the early 90's... it's not too shabby.

Originally posted by hayn View Post
      This is a very nice break! Is this set like the Panini Americana cards? I've always wanted to pick up a blaster box but I end up with my usual football choices.
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X