Epitome of Cardfoolery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epitome of Cardfoolery

Today I'm having one of those bi-polar moments. On one hand, I'm happy to be back in the classroom with my students after enjoying a nice week off. However... there's also a part of me that's not so excited about being back in the classroom with my students after enjoying a nice week off.

That's sort of how I feel about some cards that I recently purchased off of eBay. Now prepare yourself, because what I'm about to show isn't suitable for everyone.

There's no sense delaying the inevitable. Feast your eyes on this bad boy...

How addicted to cardboard am I? I'm so addicted that I went out and purchased an autographed memorabilia card of Tracy Hackler. Yup... you read it correctly. I've officially lowered my cardboard standards to the point where I'm collecting cards of Panini employees.

This card eventually led me to chasing down three of his co-workers:

How much can you expect to pay for autographs of Panini employees? I'm embarrassed to admit this... but I spent a total of $15.43 (shipping included).

In my defense... it's important to remember that these purchases were made during one of those bi-polar moments.

On one hand, I'm excited to own a quartet of Paniniemployee autographed memorabilia cards, because they're something different and unique. However part of me thinks that this quartet of Paniniemployee autographed memorabilia cards are silly and the epitome of "cardfoolery".

Oh well... that's who I am as a person, teacher, and as a collector. And while we're on the topic of bi-polar collecting, here is today's question of the day:

Are there any cards that you love and hate at the same time?

Happy Monday and sayonara!

P.S. If you're interested in free cards, please check out my contest by clicking here.

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Thanks for the share Fuji...I can't express how upset I would be to pull one of these from a hobby box as one of my 'hits'...I love that the card still has the guarantee on the back as if there's going to be a problem with forgeries.
    “We got a long ways to go.”-Deuce McCallister

LSU grad and Aaron Brooks + era Saints fan...Collector of all interesting and odd cards Saints and LSU related. I shoot for any LSU/Saints Autos and Relic cards that I don't have one of yet, and am attempting to build a collection of every saints draft pick rookie ever, additionally certain /25 card sets and Topps Chrome Rainbows, of the man himself, Sir Drew Brees.

Comment

Seriously. They should use these on a candid camera show. Have them go into card shops around the country, place these into Panini packs, and record the expressions of customers' faces as they pull these. My guess is most people won't be jumping up and down with joy.

Originally posted by tzofosho View Post
      Thanks for the share Fuji...I can't express how upset I would be to pull one of these from a hobby box as one of my 'hits'...I love that the card still has the guarantee on the back as if there's going to be a problem with forgeries.
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X