• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Pass - NASCAR - Release Dates

August 24 - FanFare

September 28 - Wheels Main Event

November 3 - Press Pass Legends

November 16 - Press Pass Racing (2012)
    Last edited by jsab4807; 07-31-2011, 07:39 PM.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

some High end stuff coming out Randy??
    Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
    Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

talked briefly with my distributor.....and it seems like the new FanFare will be high end, but even he doesn't know the exact details.....thinking Press Pass is keeping this quiet like they did Five Star until right before issue time.
      Randy
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Press Pass already released info on Fan Fare. Not high end....TONS of no-name/scrub RU/Autos in the set. Looking at 8 packs a box, around $120 a box. Each pack has a RU/Auto, but you're only guaranteed two Cup hits a box. (AKA 6 of your 8 hits will be junk)

http://www.presspassinc.com/news/press-pass-fanfare

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Jeremy: couldn't find the part about 8 packs per box....but had heard that info from the distributor.....did some re-adding....does this look right to you?

8 packs at $19.99 per pack.....that's $160.00.....high end spending....but not in return.

Not bashing the product....I enjoy ALL Press Pass issues....but when I read this:

Authentic autographs and race-used memorabilia cards for NASCAR Sprint Cup driver “Front Row” Joe Nemechek
          Front Row Joe? lol...not lately...and the list includes Sauter and Hornaday.....

I have to think to myself....do I really want to spend $19.99 on a pack to pull a $5.00 autograph?

100 base cards....and probably 5 cards per pack? maybe 6?....minus the one "HIT" per pack...that means roughly 20 packs of cards to complete the base set....roughly $400.00? ...and oh oh.....what about duplicates?

Is this right?
          Randy
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Gimme a second, I'll find the article. Pretty sure I saw 8 packs a box. The $120 range was a price I saw from someone doing the break, so I'm sure that was probably distribution cost, opposed to actual cost you'd see in a shop. (Probably around $150 per box in the shop.)

Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Here it is:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...re-racing.html

Some points in the article:

- Each 5-card hobby packs will include an Autograph card or Magnificent Materials race-used memorabilia card with at least one autograph and memorabilia card in each 8-pack box from a NASCAR Sprint Cup driver!
              So yeah....8 packs, only 2 Cup hits a box. Ew.

There's also a screengrab of a tenative checklist. Two pages, but it reads down like one page....so you can see the MASSIVE list of RU/Autos. There's at least 50 Truck/Nationwide guys on the list.

No offense to Press Pass, but I'm staying as far away as humanly possible from this product.

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

five cards per pack...minus the HIT.....leaves you with four base cards per pack... 100 card base set.....that means you will spend $500.00 for the base set....minimum, depending on duplicates.

....and honestly....when I've done shows there are maybe 5 to 10 percent of the buyers looking for Nationwide or Truck Drivers....and the only thing of Nationwide that sells is Danica.

Like I said above....I can't do $20.00 per pack for a $5.00 autograph.

Wife just told me NO WAY am I allowed to do this set.
                Randy
                ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

It'll probably be a one-and-done release, just like Five Star. Collectors hated Five Star, collectors will hate Fan Fare.

I don't know why they don't just bring back VIP or Trackside for their August release.

Johnson/Mears/
                  Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                    It'll probably be a one-and-done release, just like Five Star. Collectors hated Five Star, collectors will hate Fan Fare.

I don't know why they don't just bring back VIP or Trackside for their August release.
                    Thank you for the Info Jeremy I wont spend my money on this A BIG THANK YOU.

Comment

i like the idea of this set and have ordererd my box for 118 shipped. 8 hits is better than 2 to me for the same price. Most products are around 100.00 and your only guaranteed 2 hits total. they can still be someon like front row jow or a nationwide driver.

The cool thing about these guys is you never know whos going to make it so down the line it might be the card of the decade.

They cant make a product with all gordons and jr autographs because even then the value would drop. I think this is a great new product even if its only once
                      somebodys watching me rockwell

Comment

I agree with you Mike about the hits, but.... the 100 card set is going to cost a fortune... and that kills those of us who do base sets.
                        Randy
                        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Im allset with this Product for sure good Luck on this I hope you get some good Pulls anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X