Die-Cast Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die-Cast Collections

I am new to the group here, but not new to collecting die-cast cars. I know there are many different types of die-cast cars out there or categories, but I was wondering some things.

1. What do you collect?
    2. Whats you favorite one?
    3. How many do you have?
    4. And for Nascar collectors, who’s your favorite to collect?

My answers:
    1. I collect Nascar, the only thing I love collecting.

2. I actually have more than one favorite, I have Dale Sr. Talladega raced version car, his Olympic, Wheaties, Silver Select, Peter Max and his AC Delco Japan car, all my favorites.

3. I have over 500 car ranging from the small 1:87ths to the big 1:18ths

4. A course my favorite to collect is Dale Sr. but also like Jr and Stewart.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Looking for Nascar Die-Cast of any kind & any driver

Top Favorites are Dale Sr, Dale Jr & Stewart!!!

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Collection/

1. I only collect 1/24th scale Action/Team Caliber cars.
    2. My Kasey Kahne 2004 NON-refresh auto'ed diecast is my favorite b/c it's so rare.
    3. Have about 60 1/24's total, half are autographed.
    4. Jimmie Johnson!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
      1. I only collect 1/24th scale Action/Team Caliber cars.
      2. My Kasey Kahne 2004 NON-refresh auto'ed diecast is my favorite b/c it's so rare.
      3. Have about 60 1/24's total, half are autographed.
      4. Jimmie Johnson!
      That's awsome that you got a lot autographed, I haven't been to any Nascar races yet so haven't had to chance to get any. I have cards autographed by drivers but thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar_Freak View Post
        That's awsome that you got a lot autographed, I haven't been to any Nascar races yet so haven't had to chance to get any. I have cards autographed by drivers but thats all.
        Yea, I usually figure out who's signing, then buy a car to get them to sign. My main goal at races is to get my flag signed, but anymore, I can't find drivers that I don't already have on it.

A picture of my flag, so you know what I'm talking about....

Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
          Yea, I usually figure out who's signing, then buy a car to get them to sign. My main goal at races is to get my flag signed, but anymore, I can't find drivers that I don't already have on it.

A picture of my flag, so you know what I'm talking about....

That is cool, never seen someone ever do that before. I bet that flag has a lot of history on it right now and just thinking how much it will have 5 to 10 years from now.

Comment

Jeremy - that looks really sweet and a truly amazing one of a kind collector's item.

Comment

sadly I dont collect the Nascar types but I have almost every Ohio State diecast figure made... by my reckoning, I need the Harley and the new diecast promotions truck... and there is a couple made by franklin mint that I need

Comment

Thanks Kerwin.

Yea, it's been a work in progress for 8 years now.....one day I'll cough up the ridiculous amount of money it'll cost and get it framed.....but until I get Dale Jr, Stewart, Gordon, and Jimmie on there, it'll never be complete!

Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

It's all good, just wanted to see what people collected in die-cast stuff or to put it in another way what they collect overall

Comment

I started collecting nascar diecast almost 20 years ago. I have a lot of various sizes, and brands, but most of it was lower end stuff Winner's Circle etc. I was able to pick up at Walmart etc. Not a lot of nascar stuff back then up here in the Toronto area. I guess my favorite pieces are the 1/18 scale Ertl American Muscle cars that have never been out of the box, and still in mint condition Sr, Mark, Rusty, Elliott and a bunch of others. I believe these were from 1992 through 1995. I've always wanted to continue on with those ones, and may do so some day, as they are always available on ebay. Have a bunch of 1/64 Earnhardt Sr cars, and a few 1/24 (Oreo etc) I was lucky enough to get these before he died, as they got pricey after that. Have a lot of chrome chase cars from winner's circle, and even have a M+M's Schrader 1/24 WC car that has a card with a piece of his firesuit. I'll have to go through it all someday to see what I have.

Comment

Scored one of these last night at Walmart!

Comment

troy, i just happened into about 60 matchbox size earnhardts,15 1/43 size, and 10 or so 1/24 size earnhardts, all still in the packages, along with playing cards,clocks, a phone, lunchbox with gascan drink bottle, you name it lol

Great Traders:cardjim,TomR,avsbruins65,Leafsfan1967,ty4o rce,bumpersample,NattyBoo,fatfrank,DoubleD

MY EBAY: http://shop.ebay.com/chefmc/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

[QUOTE=Leafsfan1967;37162]Scored one of these last night at Walmart!

I got one of those a while back at Wal-mart. I also have a kyle busch one that he scored like the most wins in a season with. I guess there are suppose to be a Dale Jr "first victory with HMS" and Joey Logano "first rookie win" coming out some time.

Comment

Working...
                          X