Product Review - 2012 Press Pass Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Review - 2012 Press Pass Racing

Press Pass 2012 Racing is back with bigger hits than ever, delivering unprecedented excitement and value!
    • PRESS PASS AUTOGRAPHS - New for 2012! Autograph roster is limited to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers plus Danica Patrick! Look for Signature Series autographed memorabilia cards!
    • ONE IN EVERY FOUR AUTOGRAPHS WILL BE FROM Dale Jr., Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, or Jimmie Johnson!
    • Each hobby box will include an authentic Race-Used Memorabilia card – Look for Burning Rubber Race-Used WIN Tires, Burning Rubber “PRIME CUTS”, Triple Gear, Ultimate Collection, and Four Wides!
    • Configuration: 30 packs per box. 6 cards per pack.
    Just in time for the holiday season. Press Pass released their first 2012 product which is always a fun box to open. It's a lower-end product that many collectors buy to get their hands dirty. There is one memorabilia card per box. Let's see what we pulled:Base Set #0-100

There are seven different base cards in the 100-card set. We pulled an entire set with some extras.

The first sixty cards feature the drivers pictured in their uniform outside of their cars. They include drivers from the Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series including Danica Patrick and Ricky Carmichael.

Transporters which show a large trailer that some of the drivers use to transport their cars and equipment.

Front Runners recognize drivers, including Carl Edwards and Jeff Gordon, who had won a pole this past season.

Head of the Class recognize drivers who were victorious in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. These included Kyle Busch and Jeff Gordon.

The last of the base set is 2011 Highlights. These remind fans of the special moments some of these drivers accomplished throughout the series. There is a card for the 2011 first time winners which is one of my favorite base cards.

Base Parallels
    Blue Foil /35 & Gold FoilThere are a couple of base parallel sets. The main one are the gold foil like the Dale Earnhardt Jr. above. We pulled a total of ten. Another parallel we pulled was the blue foil Joey Logano, which is numbered to 35. I like having more opportunities to collect different types of base sets.

Inserts
    2012 Chase ContendersPress Pass give collectors a chance at receiving a special Cup Chase set at no cost that wiill feature all of the drivers who make the 2012 "Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup." If the driver on the front of these cards qualify for the 2012 "Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup" in September 2012, then you redeem the code on the back of the card on the press pass website. It's a cool way of possibly rooting for a driver you normally wouldn't be rooting for.

Showcar (1:15) & Showman (1:15)We pulled two of each insert. The Showcar gives a nice look at the driver's car and in the background of the card you can see a picture of the driver. The Showman features the driver's in the uniform and their car is in the background. I like the idea of having their counterpart used in the background.

Hall of Fame (1:30) One of my favorite inserts in the product. Recognizing the Hall of Fame drivers in the sport. These come one per box but we were fortunate enough to pull a second Hall of Fame card that is numbered out of 50. Both cards feature Cale Yarborough.

Preferred Line (1:15) The preferred line remind me of the showman inserts except for the background color. These cards feature the driver's full body with their helmet. They also have their car in the background.

SnapshotsThe set within the set. The snapshots are considered mini and there's a total of 75 including short prints. We pulled a total of twelve snapshots including Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch. I like the cork board background with the Polaroid picture pinned onto it. The post-it note is great and makes it look realistic.

Hits
    Triple Gear Kyle Busch Race-Used Tire /25
    Our first hit was a Triple Gear Kyle Busch Race-Used Tire. It's numbered out of 25 and are available in three levels. This Kyle Busch is level one since it only has one tire piece. Odds (1:30)

Signature Series Eclipse Kasey Kahne Race-Used Shoe /12The big hit of the box was this Kasey Kahne Signature Series Race-Used Shoe. It's numbered out of 12 and not only features a piece of his shoe but his autograph as well. These are hobby-only, which means you can't find them in retail packs. Odds (1:90)
    FINAL RATINGS

Base - 5/5
    Design - 4/5
    Fun - 5/5
    Value - 4/5

Total - 18/20

What I liked about the product?
    There are a couple of sets to collect including parallels and the snapshots. The more sets available, the better. The racing product hits are better than other sports because of the many different memorabilia collectors can collect, from the tire to the sheet metal to the driver's uniform.

What I didn't like about the product?
    Some of the inserts are almost identical. I see the different designs in the showman and preferred line but they have the same concept with having their cars in the background.

I'd like to thank Press Pass for giving me the opportunity to open and review this product. For more information on all their products, visit them at www.presspassinc.com.

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Price on the kyle?
    Looking for all things Kyle Busch, Kurt will do aswell

Comment

Working...
    X