Should I sell This? OMG!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I sell This? OMG!!

I pulled this card back in 2001 when the product first came out, and a couple of the gold parallel versions sold for $1985, and $1876 respectively, so I knew I had a valuable card in my hands, and extremely quite rare. The regular version like the one in the listing seemed to sell in the $1300-$1500 range, as it is very rare as well. Rumor has it that possibly only 25 -50 were signed by The Golden Bear. I saw this completed auction for the regular version today, and all I can say is OMG! A lot of people have tried to put this set together, and the Nicklaus, and Palmer are very tough to get, amongst a few other SP's in the set. Check out what it went for in the listing. Sick!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260536400017

This one just sold on ebay

My version #22/25
    Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 01-16-2010, 02:41 PM.

What are you wasting time posting this for! Go sell! lol

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

wow, that would certainly bring in a NICE chunk of change...
      sigpic

Comment

Holy Cow, that must of been one sick pull... Depends if you want to keep it. Or if you'd rather have the money to buy other PC cards or something
        Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
        Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
        Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
        Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Myerburg311 View Post
          What are you wasting time posting this for! Go sell! lol
          I'm a hoarder! LOL!!

Comment

wow jeez i would possibley keep it but i dont know
            Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
              Holy Cow, that must of been one sick pull... Depends if you want to keep it. Or if you'd rather have the money to buy other PC cards or something
              I actually pulled this from a 3 pack break. It does have a slight bit of rounding on the bottom left black area, which is fairly common for these signed inserts, but it came out of the pack that way. I've bought several sealed boxes of this product over the years, and never pulled anything much at all from them. Was trying for the Tiger rookie, or autos, but no such luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pistonsfan9826 View Post
                wow jeez i would possibley keep it but i dont know
                Had it for almost 9 years now. The way I look at it is if I ever get in a pinch, I can always use this to help out, instead of giving up a kidney!

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsfan1967 View Post
                  I actually pulled this from a 3 pack break. It does have a slight bit of rounding on the bottom left black area, which is fairly common for these signed inserts, but it came out of the pack that way. I've bought several sealed boxes of this product over the years, and never pulled anything much at all from them. Was trying for the Tiger rookie, or autos, but no such luck.
                  gotta tell ya, I'm really feeling sorry for you right now
                  sigpic

Comment

I would sell.... get another jack auto on the cheap and use the balance to fund a pc

Comment

I say sell it and get something really nice for yourself with the money.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankMcdee View Post
                        I would sell.... get another jack auto on the cheap and use the balance to fund a pc
                        I've thought of doing that many times over the years, and most likely will do so some day. It's hard to let something that is so desirable for many golf collectors go like this, which is why I've held on to it. Luckily, it seems to have apreciated over the past few years.

Comment

I'd sell it.
                          Collecting all Cleveland teams, Ohio State Alumni, and Columbus Blue Jackets.
                          My Bucket My Tradelists
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe get it graded.. That may have helped the sale a little too

Chris

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                            but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

That is a beautiful card. I'd keep it, personally.

Bob
                              "You see, you spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time.'' -- Jim Bouton, from the last sentence of "Ball Four"

Read my sports card and book blogs at: http://bobdangelobooks.weebly.com/the-sports-bookie

My UV wantlist:
                              http://bdangelo.weebly.com/

My vintage wantlist: http://bdangelo1.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X