Cheap Cool Cards #30: 2007 Ace Novak Djokovic Shirt Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Cool Cards #30: 2007 Ace Novak Djokovic Shirt Card

I can't remember the last time I watched a complete tennis match. Actually, there a good chance I've never watched a full match. I own a tennis racket and played a few games in my time, but when it comes to watching others play, it's just not my thing.

But here's the thing. I'm a collector. So when I see a cool piece of cardboard and it's cheap, there's a good chance I'll buy it... even if I don't follow the sport.

Here's a 2007 Ace Authentic "Materials" card of Novak Djokovic that I picked up earlier this year for $1 (free shipping).

Djokovic has had his ups and downs in 2012, but last year he dominated the ATP Tour winning three of the four Grand Slam Singles Titles (Australian Open, Wimbledon, and the U.S. Open).

On Monday, he faced Olympic Champion Andy Murray at the 2012 U.S. Open, but lost in 5 sets in what ESPN described as a battle of epic proportions. Hopefully he'll bounce back and eventually regain his status as the #1 ranked player in tennis.

Okay... here's your question of the day:

Outside of baseball, basketball, football, and hockey... do you collect cards from any other sports?

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

....that is one good-looking "card"!!!

As far as the participation question....

Im a sucker for older WWF cards....dont have that many, but I'll pick up some here and there.

Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

WoW.... very impressive!

Originally posted by moosejaw00 View Post
      Tennis is my 3rd favorite sport to collect, after Basketball and Football.

Many Tennis cards are very good to "look at"~
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X