The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly #10: Lance Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly #10: Lance Armstrong

I'm a firm believer in the right to be found innocent, until proven guilty. But things aren't looking good for Mr. Livestrong.

The Good:

July 1994 Sports Illustrated for Kids #276

In the mid 90's, Armstrong battles testicular cancer that spread to his lungs and brain. In 1997, he forms the Livestrong Foundation which benefits cancer research provides support for people affected by cancer. Since then, they have raised over $470,000,000 to support their mission with over 80% of every dollar raised going directly to support their programs and services for cancer survivors.

The Bad:

2001 Sports Illustrated for Kids #105

On
    August 23rd, 2012... the US Anti-Doping Agency bans Armstrong from cycling for life. Last week, he steps down as chairman for the Livestrong Foundation and many of his sponsors drop endorsement deals. On Monday, the International Cycling Union strips him of his seven Tour de France titles.

The Ugly:

2004 Sports Illustrated for Kids #428

Regardless if Armstrong is innocent or guilty... the damage has been done. Once a symbol of hope, hard work, perseverance, and strength... he is now just a man with a damaged reputation. One that I would not wish on my worst enemies.

Assuming no additional news comes out and Armstrong never admits to any of the charges...

How will you choose to remember Lance Armstrong?

I personally feel this is one of those situations where most people will remember the "bad" more than the "good". I've always felt he was innocent... but I'm starting to feel that I've been living in denial. In other words... things aren't looking good for Mr. Livestrong.

Happy Hump Day everyone... and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X