Anyone have a pair of "wolf tickets"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a pair of "wolf tickets"?

It's on like Genghis Khan wearing a man-thong! I'm not exactly the poster child of the UFC fan club, but I've been waiting over a year for this fight. One problem... after watching the pre-fight press conference, I'm torn on who to root for.

A few days ago, it was a no-brainer. I was pulling for the local boy... Nick Diaz. I've always been a sucker for underdogs. Outside of his posse, friends, and family... there won't be many people cheering for him in Montreal. And to top it off, he's the only UFC fighter I've ever met in person.

Here's the photo he signed and personalized for me:

Diaz was totally cool and seemed genuinely interested in hanging with his fans.

But I saw a different side of him during the pre-fight press conference. He reminded me of one of my middle school students, who's pretty cool until things don't go his way and the tantrum begins.

Anyways... it made me question whether or not I want to support a guy who's surrounded by drama.

On a positive note, Diaz taught me a new phrase.

I kept hearing him accuse GSP, Dana White, and the UFC of selling the fans "wolf tickets" and that we, the fans, are "eating them right up". Had no clue what "wolf tickets" were, but I found it to be entertaining. Later in the video, Diaz clarified that "wolf tickets" are equivalent to "bullpoop". The things we can learn from a UFC fighter.

Well... the fights are just around the corner. I'd better figure my "wolf tickets" out and decide who I'm going to root for.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X