Site Forum Updated Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Forum Updated Changes

As everyone has noticed, we have a new look and layout to the forum. The site owner and IT guy made the change without telling me when they were going to start. Several things are different on here right now.

For one I know the trade manager and feedback system are being revamped and written to fit the code into this latest version of vbulletin version 5.3.1. Some of the stuff that worked on the old obsolete vbulletin wont work on here. I will look around and test some stuff out. I think I found where a lot of the stuff new stuff has gone and what is different.

Will post more on here later when I find more stuff out.

Thanks.

Ok so a few things I have noticed. The missing threads/posts from the last 7 days have all been restored so it looks like that is back now. Thank our IT guy Jeet for doing that.

You will need to browse around to get hang of new vbulletin settings. For some reason, all sent private messages since I joined the site in 2009 showed back up, so I had to delete all of them from my profile. You may have to do that too.

You may have to go to user settings to change some stuff around to your liking. There are a lot more different forum skin styles to choose from now so you can pick different colors you want to view the forum with.

Changes I have noticed with this new version of Vbulletin 5.3.1 are

Threads are now called Topics
    Subforums are now called Channels

I am still trying to find out how to upload pics.

I know we are used to the old way the site looked, but that version of Vbulletin 3.1 was 4 years obsolete and almost every other trade forum that uses this template has updated their versions. This one does look better and more user friendly. It works better since it is also mobile compatible.

Hopefully most of the small glitches get worked on and we dont notice much.

If you see any issues, please post here and I will try to help you as best as I can.

Comment

Where do I find trade manager

Thanks
      Jake

Comment

Very good question, I'd like to know also.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

The trade manager and feedback system are being revamped and written to fit the code into this latest version of vbulletin version 5.3.1. Some of the stuff that worked on the old obsolete vbulletin wont work on here. I dont have an ETA of when it will be complete, but the IT guy said he is working on it. Hopefully it is sometime within a week. I know that is not ideal, but we went without a trade manager when our site first opened up in 2009. We will think of something if it isnt up within 2 weeks time.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and info.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
            Baseball HOFers Autos I need
            Orioles Autos I need
            Baseball HOFers GU I need
            Orioles GU I need
            Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
            However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
            X