Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on my threads?

To the moderators of CCW,

I know and realize that CBC and CCW are sports cards specific. The majority of threads written reflect this. Most, if not all thread discussions are written as such. I would like to know as well as everyone's honest opinions that; "Have I gone way overboard with my threads in matters of non card issues"? What I'm trying to convey is that I normally start my threads with a story. There are times where my stories are card specific and there are times when they are not, but are a segway into the cards.

My fear is that I do not want to create an issue in CCW with some of my very strong thoughts and views. Just read my most recent reply in "Showcase". It is a strong idea, I feel that if I add my own humananity to my threads, I'll be able to connect better with readers. If I have gone too far, I would like to know here and now. If not, thank you for allowing me to share my personal experiences with fellow forum members.

Happy New Year,

Toshi
    Last edited by hayn; 12-30-2013, 09:51 AM.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Toshi,
    I just read your "Showcase" posts and I found them entertaining and informative.

It tells us a little about your life and there is nothing wrong whatsoever with them.

You should look into doing a blog and if you do I would read it.

Roy
    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Thank you. I've heard about blogs but I have no idea on how to do one or what it is. I hope your year went well, and I wish you a happy new year!

Toshi
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Can you post a link to the one you were worried about? I am not sure which one. But the ones you post that I can actually get on to read would not be construed as offensive to me at least. Just want to put your mind at ease.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
          Can you post a link to the one you were worried about? I am not sure which one. But the ones you post that I can actually get on to read would not be construed as offensive to me at least. Just want to put your mind at ease.
          Here is the post.

hayn

Feedback Score: 22 reviews, 100%

CCW Member

I had no idea about such cards, and as you mentioned one in French. I must add here, the country that I so hated, was Paris, France! For some reason, they really hate Americans. My entire band were treated like animals, actually they treated their animals better than us. Due to the occupation of French Indo-China (Vietnam) they thought I was Vietnamese and was spoken to as such. The only nice guy I met was a Vietnamese shop owner that would try and help me. We were invited to play a concert for their Biccentenial of Bastille Day. Someone put their dog on our stage and the dog took a crap right in front of us. I stopped the band, packed up, demanded full payment from the concert promoter in American Dollars, and left the country that night. I wanted to stay and here Luciano Pavaratti sing as he was the main attraction, but I was so angry, we left!

What gets me is, what do the French want? In reality, they have no choice! Do they want their government to be a Third Reich run by Adolf Hitler? Or are they happy that the Americans with the coalition forces freed them from the Nazis during WWII? So many Americans fought for them, and they still hate us. I don't understand this at all. Because one of my distant cousins was a Japanese American during WWII, he and his family were transferred out of their homes to camps. My dad lived close to Pearl Harbor, they had to be relocated in fear that my dad and his family would be spies or saboteurs. When the call went out to my family to fight in WWII, I was told that everyone of age signed up. Because they were Japanese, they were not allowed to fight in the Pacific theater. The military felt that Japanese Americans would not shoot their own. My dad said that was BS. He told me; "What about the German Americans, they wouldn't shoot their own"?

So a division was created just for the Japanese Americans called the 442nd. I recommend forum members interested in history to wiki that. Till this day, they suffered the most casualties and are the most decorated unit in the military to present. This fact that I'm about to share was a huge shock to me. Since that time, when Americans enlist in the military, they are told of the bravery of the 442nd. Every person I speak to that served knows of the 442nd. Every American had lost a member of their family in Europe, the French have no right to hate the Americans. This is just my humble opinion.

On a good note, that is one of the most beautiful cities I've seen. I remember sitting under the Arc de Triomph, Eifel Tower, and most notably walking by the original Louis Vouiton factory. I must admit, I had the best bread there! Their beer sucks, their wine is heaven. The French do not deserve such a city.

Card collecting for baseball, basketball, football and more | Sports Card Album
          Last edited by hayn; 12-30-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X