Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would disagree. This forum is very active. There are other forums that I enjoy as well. I think you're over reacting. For whatever reason(buy,sell,trade) that someone joins this site, is a positive thing. It helps us grow. Ive met a lot of good members here and have made some great friends. I don't always see eye to eye with all members, but I respect them nonetheless. Every site has a rotten egg or two, justice is pretty exact and swift here.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
      I would disagree. This forum is very active. There are other forums that I enjoy as well. I think you're over reacting. For whatever reason(buy,sell,trade) that someone joins this site, is a positive thing. It helps us grow. Ive met a lot of good members here and have made some great friends. I don't always see eye to eye with all members, but I respect them nonetheless. Every site has a rotten egg or two, justice is pretty exact and swift here.
      Compared to SCF, Beckett, and several others, CCW is a lot smaller. That is part of it's charm.

Comment

But that doesn't make those better sites. Blowout is larger and more active than any of those you mentioned. I started out at Sports Card Radio. Virtually no trading there. If you did trade or buy, there was no Trade Manager and trades weren't enforced. It was buy/sell/trade at your own risk. But, I did meet a lot of good people, one of which recommended CCW to me. A friend here recommended SCF to me. I trade/buy at other sites as well. Different strokes for different folks. Go with the flow.

Comment

Originally posted by seal006 View Post
          I have always felt that trading cards was the #1 objective for forums, selling has always been secondary.
          Well, that is how you look at it. We are not you. To me trading and even selling/buying are not my top two reasons for forums.

Comment

Originally posted by azdbacks1998 View Post
            Agree'd, Ive been told by a new member..FLAT OUT... He wil NOT send an item 1st without getting payment 1st (I was proposing a purchase). I felt uncomfortable with it, so we ended talks.
            Of course he had XX# amount of feeback from so and so other site, but that doesnt help me. When I buy from a new member, I'll uphold the "they send 1st rule", if they dont like it, sale over.
            Man you sure are tooting a big horn right now...uphold thine laws of the land!!! But in reality you were willing to pay for my cards before I sent them. Just saying- you are not being truthful right now.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteForFoles View Post
              Well, that is how you look at it. We are not you. To me trading and even selling/buying are not my top two reasons for forums.
              Man you sure are tooting a big horn right now...uphold thine laws of the land!!! But in reality you were willing to pay for my cards before I sent them. Just saying- you are not being truthful right now.
              All this from someone who said, "I would have sold these within 24 hours on Blowout, thus why I will head back there instead of wasting my time further here." when no one wanted what he had to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by seal006 View Post
                All this from someone who said, "I would have sold these within 24 hours on Blowout, thus why I will head back there instead of wasting my time further here." when no one wanted what he had to sell.
                Yes and what is your point? I decided that if I wanted quicker results selling I would need to utilize other avenues...all this while I did have an interested party on here but turned out he was just window shopping with an empty wallet.

Comment

But I am trying to figure out the purpose of this thread. You are bitching about there being new members and want to give them MORE hoops to jump through?

Comment

Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread.

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by azdbacks1998
                      Agree'd, Ive been told by a new member..FLAT OUT... He wil NOT send an item 1st without getting payment 1st (I was proposing a purchase). I felt uncomfortable with it, so we ended talks.
                      Of course he had XX# amount of feeback from so and so other site, but that doesnt help me. When I buy from a new member, I'll uphold the "they send 1st rule", if they dont like it, sale over.

Ok,
                      everyone time to step back and breathe.

We have our rules just like every other site has their rules and we offer feedback transfers to help out established members from other trade sites avoid the "Must send first"rule.

If a trade /sale is worked out and a rookie refuses to send first then you have every right not to buy or trade with that person.

Any questions, please pm me.

Thanks
                      Roy
                      Last edited by thebighurt035; 03-20-2014, 08:05 PM.
                      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

"step back and breathe"?

You're making it seem like I just attacked the guy. The dude was in fact willing to pay for my cards before I sent them. Then he says the opposite in this thread.

Comment

Bud, he didn't name you in his post, but I guess you're feeling guilty? Todd is a respected HoF member. I suggest you show him and everyone else a little respect. Wouldn't you want the same?

Comment

Uh, I would think "everyone" includes me.

And I don't see how I'm disrespecting HOF member Todd or anyone else.

Comment

"step back and breathe"?

You're making it seem like I just attacked the guy. The dude was in fact willing to pay for my cards before I sent them. Then he says the opposite in this thread.
                              Show me where I named you personally please.

I am just asking everyone to step back before it gets carried away.

If you need to talk to me may I suggest you send me a pm.

I really do not want to close this thread but if it continues on this path I have no problem doing so.

Thanks
                              Roy
                              Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Okay this thread is now getting out of hand. Plain and simple this is a card forum to buy/sell/trade period.

Rules for feedback, MSF, and rookies are in place to protect everyone and give everyone a fun and safe place to collect cards.

Every site has their own rules. Some people like them and some dont. Our site has these rules in place. A lot of members love our site and what we do. Nothing is going to change that.

Comment

Working...
                                X