Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Three Active Pitchers Have Beaten Every MLB Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Three Active Pitchers Have Beaten Every MLB Team?

There are between 330-360 active pitchers in MLB today (Formula: 30 teams x 11 and/or 12 pitchers per team). Out of those 330-360 active pitchers, only three have managed to beat every team in MLB during their careers. Sure, you can take the easy way out and Google Search the answer, but it would be so much more fun to test your sports knowledge and take a guess. I'll give you one out of those three pitchers right now.

Javier Vazquez of the NY Yankees completed the feat a few weeks ago on July 21, 2010. The Yanks traded my favorite Yankee at the time Melky Cabrera. I was sadden to see Melky go as he was one of those role players that provided the glue during the World Series run last year, but Vazquez has been a pleasant surprise after a slow start. With a 9-8 record and 4.22 ERA, he's not making a run at the AL Cy Young Award, but he's been very solid as the Yankees 5th starter.

Here's a 1999 SkyBox Autographics card I recently purchased for $2.99 including shipping. Not too bad for an on-card auto of a current player on my favorite MLB team. I love those old school Expos logos too.

Oh, I almost forgot. I'll leave a comment in a day or two on who the other two active players are who have beaten all 30 MLB teams, so take your guesses.

More...
    sigpic
    Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

I will take a guess and say Tim Hudson and Barry Zito.

Comment

Andy Pettitte and Tim Hudson?

Comment

pretty good guesses Dan, im not sure if I can come up with better ones

Comment

And I didnt even google it!

I just went with guys who have been in the AL/NL and have been around a bit, not so sure on Hudson, pretty confident on the pick of Pettitte

Comment

yeah, pettite almost has to be one. maybe wakefield? he played for years with the pirates...

Comment

Jamie Moyer's gotta be one. And I'd agree with Kerwin on Zito....he's probably beat them all since he's won a decent amount of games in both leagues.

Pettite is a good possibility too....wouldn't be surprised if he's one of them.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
              Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Didn't even think of Moyer, he could very well be one of the two

Comment

not sold on zito, im not sure if hes ever beaten the As or Giants...

Comment

Ed, yep, just looked through his career game log...he beat Oakland this season, and beat the Giants back in '02.

Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

And I was just looking through Pettitte's career numbers....he was only in the NL for 3 years, and he never faced the Yanks. So I guess he's not one of them.

Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

zito and moyer? or moyer and wakefield?

Comment

Hi guys,

Looks like you all were pretty much right on. It's Zito and Moyer.

"...Enjoy Ever Bounce of the Ball"
                          sigpic
                          Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

Comment

Working...
                          X