Cubs legend Ron Santo dies at 70 (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs legend Ron Santo dies at 70 (AP)

Chicago Cubs great and longtime WGN Radio announcer Ron Santo has died. He was 70. In a statement Friday, Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts praised Santo for "his passion, his loyalty, high great personal courage and his tremendous sense of humor." WGN reports that Santo died in an Arizona hospital from complications of bladder cancer.

More...

I can remember watching the Cubs play afternoon games (BEFORE they had lights at Wrigleys Field).

Can't believe it was that long ago that I was watching Ron Santo play.

Rest In Peace.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

During the time that Ron Santo played there weren't too many third basemen as good as him. Overall, in my opinion, I think he should be in the HOF. Sorry to hear about his passing.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

HE should have made the HOF, its quite unfortunate that less deserving players made it ahead of him. I just hope the veterans committee doesnt decide to let him in now, after he's passed.

Listening to his games was always quite...unique. Even here in Cleveland, I could occasionally pick up a game on the radio, and the man was as passionate about the game as any commentator I can remember

Comment

Working...
        X