Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reds announce Bruce's $51M, 6-year deal (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds announce Bruce's $51M, 6-year deal (AP)

The Cincinnati Reds have officially announced right fielder Jay Bruce's six-year contract. The deal Tuesday is said to be worth $51 million. The contract includes a club option for the 2017 season. The 23-year-old Bruce hit .281 with 25 home runs and 70 RBIs for the NL Central champions. Bruce says he took a long-term deal for several reasons, adding he likes the direction the Reds are headed.

More...

Glad he's still on board with my team!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Considering what most people are making per season, this is a good deal for the Reds considering Bruce is still young and will only improve.

Comment

This is great to hear! I talked to Jay at the Redsfest a couple weeks ago and when I told him I hoped he would be part of the Reds for a long time to come he said "we're working on it" Guess they were
        I'm easy to trade with.Don't be afraid to make offers.
        I collect Non-Sport cards,Comics,Toys.Cincinnati Reds and anything related to TV Westerns.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z263/toylad/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toylad View Post
          This is great to hear! I talked to Jay at the Redsfest a couple weeks ago and when I told him I hoped he would be part of the Reds for a long time to come he said "we're working on it" Guess they were
          LOL, you're the man Bret! I'm gonna chalk this up to your comment to him which convinced him to stay with us!
          TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Brads55 View Post
            LOL, you're the man Bret! I'm gonna chalk this up to your comment to him which convinced him to stay with us!
            Hey Brad maybe I should of sent Cliff Lee a letter explaining to him why he should of signed with the Reds

My real thrill of Redsfest was meeting Paul O'neil and Eric Davis.
            I'm easy to trade with.Don't be afraid to make offers.
            I collect Non-Sport cards,Comics,Toys.Cincinnati Reds and anything related to TV Westerns.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z263/toylad/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toylad View Post
              My real thrill of Redsfest was meeting Paul O'neil and Eric Davis.
              That would have definitely been amazing.
              TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X