Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jays, Bautista agree on 5 years, $65M (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays, Bautista agree on 5 years, $65M (AP)

A person familiar with the negotiations says the Toronto Blue Jays and major league home run leader Jose Bautista have reached an agreement on a five-year, $65 million contract. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team was not set to make an official announcement.

More...

Wow they overpaid Batista in my opinion. He had one good season and is now getting $65 million. So much for getting rid of the massive contracts of Alex Rios and Vernon Wells if you are going to spend the money on a possible one year wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
      Wow they overpaid Batista in my opinion. He had one good season and is now getting $65 million. So much for getting rid of the massive contracts of Alex Rios and Vernon Wells if you are going to spend the money on a possible one year wonder.
      Maybe so, but it's not my money, so I don't care what they pay him.

Comment

So they throw $13 million a year for the next half decade to a career sub-.245 hitter who had one of the flukiest seasons in the HISTORY of baseball, but they wouldn't pay the best pitcher in baseball?

Proof that the Jays might have the stupidest front office in all of baseball.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
          So they throw $13 million a year for the next half decade to a career sub-.245 hitter who had one of the flukiest seasons in the HISTORY of baseball, but they wouldn't pay the best pitcher in baseball?

Proof that the Jays might have the stupidest front office in all of baseball.
          Took the words out of my mouth...you'd think the new GM had a clue, they luckily dumped Rios/Wells, now they overpay again, wow

Comment

Working...
          X