Who is your 2011 Sleeper Team/Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your 2011 Sleeper Team/Player?

Taking bias out of it, for team I'd say the Oakland Athletics. I said at the end of the 2010 season I thought they'd win the AL West in 2011, and still think so. They upgraded some on the offensive end, but their starting rotation should be money this season.

Trevor Cahill, Brett Anderson, Gio Gonzalez, Dallas Braden & either Rich Harden or Brandon McCarthy are your #5 guy..

the first 4 are all young and all look like they could have big years. Add in them signing Balfour to likely be a set up guy for Andrew Bailey. Pitching wins games, and in the AL West where its usually wide open, I think they can take it.

For player i'd say Max Scherzer off the top of my head. He started off very awful in 2010, but fixed his mechanics and came up huge the rest of the year.

He started off 2010 with 8 starts with a 1-4 record, 42 innings pitched and an ERA of 7.29. After his 8th start on May 14th, he was sent down to AAA Toledo.

He came back up on May 30th and went 11-7 (due to run support in my opinion) pitched 153.2 innings in 23 starts to finish out the year and his ERA in that stretch was 2.53, and also averaged just over 1 strikeout per inning.

If he can do this year, what he finished up with last year, I see big things coming for Scherzer.

What are everyones opinions on 2011 sleepers?

player I'd say Jason Bay.. with his concussion and overall down year last year I am looking for a big rebound for him.. I'd also keep my eye on the Nationals.. Could surprise some people and contend for a wild card for atleast for a few months..

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

I don't know if they're a sleeper team anymore, but I honestly think the Rockies will win the West and make a nice playoff run. As for players...(homer pick) Carlos Carrasco. He's got all the pitches needed to be a really good front-end rotation kind of starter. It's gonna come down to whether he can execute and keep his head on straight. If he can, I expect a pretty good season out of him.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I think Manny will have a huge year in Tampa Bay to prove everyone wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X