X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kershaw Shuts Down Defending Champs

Opening Day was something special in Los Angeles
    "KKKKKKKKKershaw"

The 30 year anniversary of Fernandomania. It was great seeing him throw out the first pitch.

Don Mattingly recorded his first career win as a manager and Clayton Kershaw was phenomenal in his Opening Day debut.

The defending World Series champs came into town and 2-time Cy Young Winner, Tim Lincecum, was on the mound.

That didn't matter to Kershaw. In the first inning, he struck out 3 of the 4 hitters he faced. (error by Furcal allowed a baserunner)

It was a pitching dueling throughout the entire game, until Buster Posey made a bad throw into left field trying to pick off Matt Kemp from third base. This allowed the Dodgers to take a 1-0 lead.

Kershaw went 7 innings and struck out 9 batters while only giving up 4 hits and a walk.

James Loney doubled in Matt Kemp in the bottom of the 8th inning to give the Dodgers a 2-0 lead.

I was worried when I saw that Broxton was going to come close out the game. James Loney made a nice play to retire Posey for the first out of the inning. Pat Burrell took Broxton yard and cut the lead down to 1.

But Broxton pulled it together and retired the next 2 hitters.

Clayton Kershaw got the win while Broxton recorded his first save of the season.

Here's what I noticed from today's game:
    • The Dodgers are aggressive, thanks to Davey Lopes.
    • Clayton Kershaw has a chance at 20 wins and could be in the Cy Young decision.
    • Matt Kemp is patient. He walked a career high 3 times.
    • Hong-Chih Kuo might have to step into the closer role.
    • Don Mattingly will be just fine as the manager.
    Boxscore: Dodgers 2 Giants 1

(Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Working...
X