Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Situation At Dodger Stadium Last Night

Another unfortunate situation happened at Dodger Stadium last night:

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles police are looking for two men who beat and critically injured a San Francisco Giants fan in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after the opening day game.

Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg says two men in Dodgers clothing followed three men in Giants gear as they walked to their car after Thursday night's 2-1 Dodger victory.

Rosenberg says the attackers yelled slurs against the Giants and began kicking and punching the men.

One victim suffered a head injury and was hospitalized in critical but stable condition.

Rosenberg says the injury is not life-threatening.

"It is extremely unfortunate that this incident took place on what was otherwise a great day at Dodger Stadium for tens of thousands of fans," the Dodgers said in a statement. "We're committed to having the most fan and family friendly environment in baseball and will continue to make that a top priority. We are cooperating fully with authorities during their investigation and we wish this fan a speedy recovery."

Investigators don't have the identities of the suspects and are asking anyone with information on the attack to call police.

These actions by some Dodger fans are getting ridiculous. I understand that the Giants/Dodgers rivalry has been going on for many many years, but there is no reason these actions.

When I go to a baseball stadium, I'm there to have a great experience and watch the game.

I remember a couple years ago, I was at the same game where a Giants fan pulled out a gun and shot a Dodger fan.

Stop the violence and enjoy the game.

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

This happens too often down there. A Giants fan was shot and killed outside Dudger Stadium in 03...

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/Sportscards/

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
      This happens too often down there. A Giants fan was shot and killed outside Dudger Stadium in 03...
      It was a Giants fan who did the shooting

Comment

I guess it happened more than once, this story states a bum fan shot and killed a giants fan

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/Sportscards/

Comment

Sounds about right, always something happening between these two fan bases

Comment

Working...
          X