Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killebrew ends fight against cancer (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killebrew ends fight against cancer (AP)

Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew said Friday he will no longer fight his esophageal cancer and is settling in for the final days of his life. The Minnesota Twins released a statement on Friday from Killebrew, who said he has "exhausted all options" for treatment of the "awful disease" and that the cancer is incurable.

More...

wow... very sad news

Comment

Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

That is sad! When I was doing card shows in Portland, Oregon in the 80's, one show was with Harmon Killebrew. I took my middle son with me to the show and he got to get a ball autographed by him and they chatted about high school sports for 15 minutes and then he came and meet each dealer and we talked for a little while and he was the best person that ever was at a sports show I did. My son still has the ball and collects Harmon Killebrew cards. He is such a great man and will be sorely missed.
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Great player. For a power hitter he was pretty small at only 6 feet. My mom was a hospice nurse before she retired. I just hope he can get some piece and feel comfortable for the rest of his life.
          Working on 2007 SPx Baseball Rookies Sub Set

Needs
          104,105,106,107,110,111,117,118,119,120,122,124,12 5,127,128,129,131,132,133,134,135,137,139,140,143, 145,146

Comment

Working...
          X