Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tigers trade Sizemore to A's for Purcey (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigers trade Sizemore to A's for Purcey (AP)

The Detroit Tigers traded second baseman Scott Sizemore to the Oakland Athletics for left-handed reliever David Purcey on Friday. Sizemore was supposed to replace Placido Polanco as Detroit's second baseman, but was never able to hang onto the job. After losing his roster spot to Will Rhymes out of spring training, he was recalled from Triple-A Toledo but hit just .222 in 17 games.

More...

Gladdy do you know anything about either of these players? LOL!

Comment

Sizemore was a terrible defender, probably is a 4A player, Purcey from what I hear, has little control, so essentially, he'll fit right in with guys like Ryan Perry.

Comment

I liked sizemore has a tiger I dont really like this trade
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Very much a non-event trade....
          ONLINE SUPPLY SOURCE <-- All your supply needs at a wholesale price

Comment

Originally posted by BHELSER1981 View Post
            Very much a non-event trade....
            Pretty big deal in Detroit (although not so much for the players involved)

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
              Pretty big deal in Detroit (although not so much for the players involved)
              I should have clarified......player wise....pretty much a non-event trade or non-impact trade...
              ONLINE SUPPLY SOURCE <-- All your supply needs at a wholesale price

Comment

Pretty big impact actually

Tigers let Polanco walk to the Phillies to give Sizemore a shot..yea almost all Tiger fans thought that was a terrible idea at the time

Comment

2B becomes the forever known as Rugburn, Santiago, Worth revolving door which can't be good. Brad Thomas/Enrique Gonzalez is either looking at a DFA in a week or two, and lastly Purcey would have been a better acquisition if this opened up a spot on the Tigers 40 man roster - which is needed right now.

On the surface uneventful, but if you know the Tigers this causes more problems than solutions.
                  Thanks,
                  Zack
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  NEXT TRADE DEADLINE is 4/7! I will be returning to school at this time and will not trade during the semester.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  PICS LIST

Comment

I thought Sizemore was going to be better
                    He was a better prospect but i just dont think he was able to get into a grove up in Detroit
                    Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X