Midseason Award Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midseason Award Predictions

As we quickly have most teams reaching the halfway point of their season, I thought it'd be a fun idea for those interested to list who they think at the half way point will win specific awards.

I'll start it off

MVP

AL
    1. Adrian Gonzalez
    2. Curtis Granderson
    3. Miguel Cabrera

Adrian Gonzalez is just a machine this year, he's raking at an incredible rate and has been fun to watch. Granderson has really improved this year and is playing great and Miggy is Miggy, however with Boston's success, thats why I have Gonzalez winning the award as of today.

NL
    1. Prince Fielder
    2. Matt Kemp
    3. Jose Reyes

Prince Fielder is doing huge damage and in a contract year, I do believe Matt Kemp would be the player of the year in the NL right now, but his teams success will hurt him in my opinion. Same thing for Jose Reyes who is on pace for ridiculous numbers, however, he probably won't be a Met in a month, but right now he's fun to watch, unless he's playing against your team.

Cy Young

AL
    1. Justin Verlander
    2. James Shields
    3. Jered Weaver

All 3 mentioned are having incredible years and all are huge difference makers for their team. In my opinion though Verlander has just been a monster, leading the AL right now in innings pitched, strikeouts, WHIP, and tied for first in opponents batting average among other statistics he's at the top or leads. Shields has been very impressive having a huge bounceback year and Weaver has been great as well.

NL
    1. Roy Halladay
    2. Jair Jurrjens
    3. Cole Hamels

Granted I do not follow the NL as much, but Halladay is putting together his typical season, Jurrjens has been a great story and having a breakout season with the Braves, and Cole Hamels is having a great year also.

Rookie of the Year

AL
    Michael Pineda, in my opinion nobody in the AL comes close to Pineda right now, the win total is only at 7, but an ERA below 3, WHIP barely over 1 and opponents batting average under .200, I think right now its his award to lose.

NL
    Dillion Gee, again I do not follow the NL as much and I could be wrong, but the NL rookie class seems a bit down and it looks like Gee right now has the best chance to win the award at the moment.

No votes for CC for AL Cy Young
    I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Originally posted by bakemeister52 View Post
      He's not in the Top 5 for the AL right now
      Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by bakemeister52 View Post
        Not in my opinion, none of his stats to me imply being a frontrunner for the award, just my opinion though.

Comment

Man you could almost put CLiff Lee in for Cy Young as well and have the top 3 all be Phillies Pitchers. They are going to be hard to beat if they stay healthy.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
          Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
          Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
          MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
          NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
          NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
          NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
          I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Looks pretty solid to me.
            Working on 2007 SPx Baseball Rookies Sub Set

Needs
            104,105,106,107,110,111,117,118,119,120,122,124,12 5,127,128,129,131,132,133,134,135,137,139,140,143, 145,146

Comment

I totally agree with all of your predictions...I sort of Hope Curtis Granderson keeps it up and gets MVP ... i feel like he is very deserving!
              Here is who/what I collect:

Basketball:Carmelo Anthony & Jared Dudley And ANY CURRENT CELTICS!
              Baseball: Current Yankees. Football: Earl Thomas & Torrey Smith

BUCKET: http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab270/stephj32/

Comment

Working...
              X