Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLOCKBUSTER! Lee to Mariners, Halladay to Phils!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see Lee leave the NL... lol
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
      Good to see Lee leave the NL... lol
      Because Halladay is so much easier to face.....

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
        lol.

Thank God he didn't join the Yankees, i'd blow my top off if that happened.
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Regarding top one-two punch in the rotation-Obviously I'm a homer but I think you have to have Carpenter-Wainwright in the discussion. They were 2nd and 3rd in NL Cy Young voting this year. And for that matter Wainwright actually had more first place votes than Lincecum.

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            Nope because i didnt want to face Halladay/Lee/Hamels

lol

Originally posted by redbirdsfan View Post
            Regarding top one-two punch in the rotation-Obviously I'm a homer but I think you have to have Carpenter-Wainwright in the discussion. They were 2nd and 3rd in NL Cy Young voting this year. And for that matter Wainwright actually had more first place votes than Lincecum.
            Not really, They only pitched well one year.

I mean the Dodgers beat them both in the playoffs
            Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
            Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
            Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
            Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
              Nope because i didnt want to face Halladay/Lee/Hamels

lol

Not really, They only pitched well one year.

I mean the Dodgers beat them both in the playoffs

Carpenter has only pitched well one year? He's been in the top 3 for Cy Young voting 3 or 4 times and has already WON the Cy Young award. How is he only good for one year? Also Wainwright only has two full season as a starter (his other one was 14 wins) and this season he led the league in starts, innings, and wins. The fact that he was used as a closer early in his career isn't his fault. Let's not foget that he was good at that too. Let's not forget that he closed out the divisional series, NLCS, and world series as a rookie so obviously he has the guts for a big stage.

Also, if you want to play the only good for a year card--until this year Hernandez's career average was an ERA of about 4 with an average of about 11.5 wins. He has amazing talent clearly wasn't dominate until this season but you didn't call him out as having one good year.

Also your point about the Dodger beating them in the playoffs is excellent. The way Wainwright held the Dodgers to one run until the 9th inning only to be pulled with the lead and have Holliday drop a routine fly that was the 3rd out and hand the game to the Dodgers clearly means that Wainwright is the one to blame and sucks. Leading the majors in wins should be thrown out the window on the basis of one game that he totally dominated? I see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdsfan View Post
                Carpenter has only pitched well one year? He's been in the top 3 for Cy Young voting 3 or 4 times and has already WON the Cy Young award. How is he only good for one year? Also Wainwright only has two full season as a starter (his other one was 14 wins) and this season he led the league in starts, innings, and wins. The fact that he was used as a closer early in his career isn't his fault. Let's not foget that he was good at that too. Let's not forget that he closed out the divisional series, NLCS, and world series as a rookie so obviously he has the guts for a big stage.

Also, if you want to play the only good for a year card--until this year Hernandez's career average was an ERA of about 4 with an average of about 11.5 wins. He has amazing talent clearly wasn't dominate until this season but you didn't call him out as having one good year.

Also your point about the Dodger beating them in the playoffs is excellent. The way Wainwright held the Dodgers to one run until the 9th inning only to be pulled with the lead and have Holliday drop a routine fly that was the 3rd out and hand the game to the Dodgers clearly means that Wainwright is the one to blame and sucks. Leading the majors in wins should be thrown out the window on the basis of one game that he totally dominated? I see your point.
                Wow, that pretty much said everything I wanted to say LOL

qft
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X