Los Angeles Angels Sign Hideki Matsui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Angels Sign Hideki Matsui

While not the Blockbuster acquisition I was looking for today, the Angels did sign Hideki Matsui to a 1 year $6.5 million contract. This signing most likely means Vladimir Guerrero's career with the Angels is over.

I like this signing. He may have been on and off again injured the last 2 seasons, but Godzilla is more reliable at this stage in his career than Vlad is. Last year Bobby Abreu left the Yankees and signed a 1 year deal with us and surprised me with his production. I see the same thing happening for Matsui.

Is vlad a free agent yet or is his contract not up yet?

If I'm correct, wouldn't that make him the third most coveted OF this season (Bay and Holliday?)
    sigpic

Comment

Haha beat me to it Kerwin....

Bad move IMO, Why do they continue to get older? They just lost Lackey and Figgens.

Let's go waste money on another OF. Vladdy is getting old, plus they still have Gary Matthews Jr on that bench w/ a horrible contract.
      Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Nice addition for the Angels, like previously stated, I hope he can make a strong impact llike Abreu last year.

I should be psyced that this weakens the Yanks, but I know they're gonna go out an add Matt Holiday and Jason Bay in response.
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by The Notorious GA0 View Post
          Nice addition for the Angels, like previously stated, I hope he can make a strong impact llike Abreu last year.

I should be psyced that this weakens the Yanks, but I know they're gonna go out an add Matt Holiday and Jason Bay in response.
          Let's not get ahead of ourselves here
          sigpic

Comment

wow, i think kideki will have a good season with the angels. looks like a good pickup for them.
            Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
            sigpic

Comment

If they get Damon they would have the entire Yankees outfield from a few years back

Comment

Working...
              X