Fukadome headed to cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fukadome headed to cleveland

The Cleaveland Indians have aqurired outfielder Kouske Fukadome from the Cjicago Cubs for minor leaguers. The teams have reached an agreement with only minor details left. This isn't a suprising move considering the cubs are way back from 1st and teams had been talking to thr cubs GM about Kouske.

I know Cleveland needed a bat, but I thought they were looking for a right handed hitting outfielder? Fukudome is a left handed bat I think, so not really sure why they needed him, its an upgrade of course though over Kearns/Buck etc

Comment

Indians acquire OF Fukudome from Cubs (AP)

The Cleveland Indians have acquired outfielder Kosuke Fukudome from the Chicago Cubs to help their sagging offense. The Indians dealt Triple-A right-hander Carlton Smith and Class-A outfielder Abner Abreu for Fukudome on Thursday, a day after being no-hit by the Angels Ervin Santana. The Indians also received cash in the deal.

More...

Comment

They desperately need a right handed bat with some power, so they trade for a left handed bat who has 13 RBI's in almost 300 AB's this year.

Makes all the sense in the world. Screw Antonetti.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

that will be good for the indians and the nl central too cuz he is a great hitter

Comment

hope this works out for the tribe.
            Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

Working...
            X