Jim Thome Joins The 600 Home Run Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Thome Joins The 600 Home Run Club

The 600 Home Run Club just welcomed it’s eight member, Jim Thome.

Second only to Babe Ruth for least amount of at-bats needed to reach the milestone, Thome hit two opposite field home runs tonight, number 599 and 600. Thome needs 10 more home runs to surpass Sammy Sosa for seventh place on the All Time Home Run list.

Thome entered the 600 Home Run Club with little fanfare and certainly without the media blitz given to Alex Rodriguez earlier in the year. While he deserves more, it is fitting that this milestone came quietly, as most of his accomplishments have been without bravado both on and off the field. A charitable man, Thome is known for his kindness.

It will be a while before we see another player join the 600 Home Run Club. At this point only Albert Pujols, Mark Teixeira and Miguel Cabrera have a decent shot at reaching 600. Pujols has 437 over 11 seasons at age 31, Teixeira has 307 over 9 seasons at age 31, and Cabrera has 270 over 9 seasons at age 28. Adam Dunn was on pace tat the beginning of the season. If he can get his career back on track, he might still have a shot at it.

Congratulations to Jim Thome. Next stop... Cooperstown.

More...
    For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
    sigpic

There should have been more fanfare with this milestone.

He seems like a great guy. I have been a fan of his since he was a rookie.
    I collect St. Louis Cardinal's cards.

http://www.john146ministries.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congrats to Thome!

Comment

Congratulations tp Jim Thome !!!!!!!!! Anthony, you're right there should have been more fanfare for him. If he was a Yankee, or Derek Jeter, there would have been the opposite (way too much). 600 home runs is much more rarer than 3,000 hits, but Jeter (because he's a Yankee) got way more fanfare/attention than Thome. Again, Congratulations Thome !!!!!!

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Congrats to Thome. He was always one of my favorites when he was in Cleveland...hopefully he goes into the HOF as an Indian.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Congrats, to Thome. He is the most underrated homerun basher of all time, in my opinion.
            BUCKET:
            http://s115.photobucket.com/home/hunter082006/index
            TRADELIST and SELL LIST:
            http://community.cardboardconnection...tml#post248935
            NEEDS: HOF & Old-timer gu and autos, Reds, Bengals, Former Kentucky Alumni, & Star gu and autos..

Comment

Congrats to Thome, just wish it didn't happen against my team

Comment

UD nailed it the night it happened

Posted it in the daily that night but fitting here as well

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

to be fair 600 is more elite but the fact he has been a journeyman and a DH hurt the fanfare not so much not being a yankee. The other modern day guys in the group were highly celebrated. Reason they were position players

DH stats plain stink

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

ha ha, ud fails

Comment

Working...
                    X