Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know About This Baseball Set I Found On EBAY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know About This Baseball Set I Found On EBAY?

I was trying to find a gift for one of my friends who collects vintage baseball cards. I know card companies always make reprints of past sets. I found the 1953 Topps set that I guess they remade and called it Topps Archives. Anyone know how much this reprinted set is worth and any cards book over $10 each? Thanks.

1991 Topps Archives 1953 Complete Set Mantle | eBay

I'm not sure on the value, but the Mantle is the most valuable in the set if I remember correctly. Being from 1991, I think it's one of the year's more valuable releases, but we are talking 1991. If I had to peg a value, I'd say the top cards (Mantle, Robinson, Aaron, Williams and Mays) would be $5-10 each on a dealer's table.
    Editor, The Cardboard Connection

Want to trade?

sigpic

Comment

I have the Hank Aaron in my PC from this set. Cool thing you're doing for your friend. Dunno the BV's on it though. Perhaps Gladdy can help with that one.
      TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
      A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

According to the Oct. 2011 Beckett, the set books at 60. Mantle is the high card at 20, Mays is 12, Aaron & Ted Williams 10 each.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone.

Comment

$60 that is nice and I saw some of the pics of the cards, very nice looking!
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
            X