How about .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about .........

How about those "Birds" ??? The worst they can do today is split. They just beat Boston 6-5. I think I'm hearing both the Yankees and Rays fans cheering. Without a doubt, the "Birds" will definitely help determine which two of those three will end up in the playoffs. Too bad the season isn't at the beginning, the "Birds" have been playing well lately. Hopefully next year they can play well throughout.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
    How about those "Birds" ??? The worst they can do today is split. They just beat Boston 6-5. I think I'm hearing both the Yankees and Rays fans cheering. Without a doubt, the "Birds" will definitely help determine which two of those three will end up in the playoffs. Too bad the season isn't at the beginning, the "Birds" have been playing well lately. Hopefully next year they can play well throughout.
    it's too bad the "southern birds" have terrible pitching, cause they have some great hitters

Comment

Yes that was the problem most of the season. However, lately it has definitely improved (minus yesterday). Boston is in trouble if the "Birds" keep playing like they have lately. Hopefuly the "Birds' can use this as a positive step into the 2012 season.

Orioles Autos I need
      Orioles GU I need

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if the O's sweep the BoSoxs and the D Rays finish the wild card in the AL East! O's will get better in 2012!
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Well the "Birds" got clobbered in the night game last night, 18-9 (not much pitching in that game). However, they bounced back tonight and won 7-5. The worst they can now do is split this four game series. Hopefully they'll win #3 tomorrow. Those Red Sox better start rooting for the Yankees as they play the Rays, that could be the only thing that can save them.

Orioles Autos I need
          Orioles GU I need

Comment

And tonight the "Birds" won 6-4. They took Boston three out of four. The Tigers are lucky that they have already clinched their division, because the "Birds" are playing well. Boston fans and team players need to send some THANK YOU notes to the Yankees for holding off the Rays. The wildcard in the A L is still up for grabs between RED SOX, RAYS, & ANGELS.

Orioles Autos I need
            Orioles GU I need

Comment

Seems like the only time the Orioles ever play well is either April or September...the two most irrelevant months on the schedule lol

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
              Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Its nice to watch somebody elses team collaspe for once lol

Comment

Jeremy, I don't think April & September are "irrelevant" months "on the schedule". A win is a win, no matter what month you get it in. Also, if September was "irrelevant", why is there a close watch as to what teams will win their division or wildcard spots for the playoff. In fact September is probably the most interesting month of all, since it eventually will determine which teams will make it to the playoffs (this sure wasn't decided by the end of August, ask the Red Sox). The "Birds" are doing a good job as "spoilers" (ask the Angels & Red Sox, and before they won the A L East you could have asked the Yankees).

Orioles Autos I need
                  Orioles GU I need

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
                    Jeremy, I don't think April & September are "irrelevant" months "on the schedule". A win is a win, no matter what month you get it in. Also, if September was "irrelevant", why is there a close watch as to what teams will win their division or wildcard spots for the playoff. In fact September is probably the most interesting month of all, since it eventually will determine which teams will make it to the playoffs (this sure wasn't decided by the end of August, ask the Red Sox). The "Birds" are doing a good job as "spoilers" (ask the Angels & Red Sox, and before they won the A L East you could have asked the Yankees).
                    The saying has ALWAYS been "never look at what a team does in April or September."

Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

That statement must have been made by someone who knows very little to nothing about baseball. September, without a doubt, is a very interesting month in MLB. And April is exciting because it's the beginning of the season.

Orioles Autos I need
                      Orioles GU I need

Comment

You're missing the point. Saying a team can contend because they had a good April is flawed. Saying a team out of the playoff chase will have a good season NEXT YEAR because they had a hot September is also flawed.

The saying has nothing to do with actual excitement about a new season or playoff teams...

Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

goes to show just how bad Boston is right now. WOW

Sorry brother I am pretty sure next year they will still be in last 30 games out regardless of how they played this September. However I love the excitment and happy what they are doing this week. That is for sure

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Jeremy, you must read things different than they are posted. Where did I say that a "team can contend because they had a good April" ? And where did I say that "a team out of the playoff chase will have a good season NEXT YEAR..." ? The sayiing just doesn't fit baseball. It all comes down to W-L records, and a WIN in April is just as important as one in September. When ALL of the WINS and LOSSES are put together it determines who will and who won't make the playoffs.

When it comes to the "Birds', I hope they have a much better season in 2012. But right now, they are definitely playing a great role as a spoiler to contending teams this month. At least three contenders have had a very hard time with them this month - YANKEES, RED SOX, & ANGELS. The Yankees and Angels are lucky, they don't have to play the "Birds" anymore this season. However, the Red Sox may have a problem if they haven't secured the WILDCARD spot by Sunday night, They have the "Birds" for their final three. And after the four they just played against them, there would sure be a lot of pressure to secure that spot against the "Birds".

So far as 2012, if those "young" pitchers come around and are consistent at being good (not great just good) the "Birds" could be in the run. The Yankees & Red Sox, even though they've had a good season in 2011, will definitely have to try to improve their starting rotations. The Yankees only have two that are dependable (C. C. & Nova) and the Red Sox one (Beckett). Also, the Yankees have a good # of "old" guys in the starting line-up that will soon (within a year or two) need to be replaced. The only "old" guy in the O's line-up that will need replacing soon is Vladdy. So, if the hitting keeps up, into & through 2012, and the pitching is good and consistent, the "Birds" could be in the run NEXT YEAR.

Like Yogi Berra said, "it ain't over 'til it's over". And when it's over it's ALL wins & ALL loses put together, and they are of the SAME VALUE no matter in which month they were won or lost.

Orioles Autos I need
                            Orioles GU I need

Comment

I said April/September are the most irrelevant months on the schedule. You questioned it. I made my valid response point.

Simple as that.

You can go 20-5 in April/September every year, if you suck May-August, it won't matter.

Hence the saying, "never take into effect what a team does in April or September".

Johnson/Mears/
                              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
                              X