Well ---------

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well ---------

Well it looks like Verlander is going to end up with 24 wins. The "Birds" denied him of #25 tonight. In fact they almost beat him. However, the Tigers got it even in the 8th, so he avoided loss #6.

The game is still in progress as I post this. It's the top of the 9th, and is 5-5. These two teams are playing close games - O's won 6-5, Tigers won 4-3, and who knows how this one will end up. These are the type of games I like to watch, but wouldn't like to manage.
    Last edited by OriolesFan; 09-25-2011, 06:54 AM.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Fluke play to lose the game was fairly disapointing, thats Baseball I suppose though. Sad Verlander didn't win that game, he was way to amped to begin the game, once he settled down the Orioles couldnt do anything to him though

Comment

Oh well, Verlander still has 24 wins, Tigers are still in the playoffs, and the Orioles are still... well nowhere. Congrats to Verlander on the upcoming and well deserved Cy Young.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Well deserved Cy Young award coming his way with a possibly MVP nod!!!
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Originally posted by ocanseco55 View Post

I agree whole heartedly with the CY-YOUNG award but I am one of those guys that would never give the MVP to a starting pitcher.
          I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

He is still the Cy Young winner in my eyes!
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Originally posted by ocanseco55 View Post
              If Baseball writers decided a guy could win 13 games and win the Cy Young award (which was 100% deserved) and decided a position player could miss the most important month of the season and still win the MVP, then i'm sure they can finally accept a pitcher winning the MVP in 2011

Comment

Yes, the O's aren't going to the playoffs B.I.G...... but they're really playing better than most teams as the regular season comes to a close. And their September schedule has been hard, mainly made up of contenders, but they've outplayed them. If that pitching comes around in 2012 WATCH OUT. They even BEAT the BEST PITCHER of 2011, something that had not happened in a long time.

Verlander, without a doubt, deserves the CY YOUNG. However, on MVP, I think it'll be Granderson.

Have a good day.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                Orioles Autos I need
                Baseball HOFers GU I need
                Orioles GU I need
                Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                However other offers will be considered

Comment

granderson has pretty much the same stats bautista had a year ago, no way he gets MVP, it has to be rather bautista or ellsbury

Comment

Think Big Rodney I like your style

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X