Tigers vs Yankees ALDS Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigers vs Yankees ALDS Predictions

Its official with Texas beating the Angels.

What are your predictions? Vote and explain!
    Tigers in 3
    0.00%
    Tigers in 4
    9.09%
    Tigers in 5
    36.36%
    Yankees in 3
    0.00%
    Yankees in 4
    36.36%
    Yankees in 5
    18.18%

I think the Tigers win in 4. I can't see the Yankees beating Verlander or Fister, matchups pitching wise really don't favor New York. I think they'll beat Scherzer in game 3, but I think the Tigers finish it in game 4 at home.

Offenses match up well. Both teams have great 7th/8th/9th inning pitchers. Tigers have the edge in starting pitching though. Can't wait.

Comment

I dont like the Yankees, so I will root for the Tigers. I hope the series is short so we dont have to see you post 7 different Tigers threads. LOL!

Comment

I'd like to see the Tigers v. Rangers for the A L CHAMPIONSHIP. If that happens there will be an A L team in the W S that hasn't won a W S (Rangers, but the franchise won one as the Senators in the 1920's) or one that hasn't won the W S in a good while.

In the N L I'd like to see the Brewers going to the W S - they haven't won a W S ( the last time they made it to one was '82). Also, the city of Mil. hasn't had a W S CHAMP since the late '50's.

Those final season games last night were great, especially that "BIRDS" 9th inning rally to beat the Red Sox. Who'd have believed that with two out, and no one on, that they'd get double,double, and a single off Papelbon to get two runs and win 4-3. The "Birds" played very well against division champs and contender in Sept. Hopefully they'll play that way in 2012.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Yankees in 5. Only reason is because of home field. I don't usually buy into homefield advantage in baseball, but Yankee Stadium is just one of those places where it really does matter. I think the Yankees lineup is good enough to win at least one off of Verlander, and if they do, they win the series.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            Yankees in 5. Only reason is because of home field. I don't usually buy into homefield advantage in baseball, but Yankee Stadium is just one of those places where it really does matter. I think the Yankees lineup is good enough to win at least one off of Verlander, and if they do, they win the series.
            I concur with jsab4807 and I want to see the Devil Rays play the Yanks for the Championship of the AL!
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Keep this in mind, if there is a game 5 it'd be Verlander on full rest, vs Ivan Nova on short rest.

The real question for you though is...are you still rooting for the Yankees?

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                Keep this in mind, if there is a game 5 it'd be Verlander on full rest, vs Ivan Nova on short rest.

The real question for you though is...are you still rooting for the Yankees?
                If you saw my tweet last night you know who I'm rooting for.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

If you saw my tweet last night you know who I'm rooting for.
                  I figured you were joking about the umpires and the other individuals you mentioned.

Comment

Tigers Sweep, This is the Year!
                    Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                    sigpic

Comment

I could only imagine the tweeting going on lol... Really needs to get outside some

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I angered a follower who is a Yankees fan because I posted factual info..I was having quite the roast last night

Comment

Working...
                        X