Crying on my cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crying on my cards

Woe is me!! How empty I feel when I go to the local card shop, Wal-Mart, Target or K-mart. No longer do I find the shelves stocked with my cardboard passion, UD BASEBALL. Take my trip to 3 of the venues where I could indulge in my chase for UD: my local shop had boxes of 91, 92 &93 UD for sell. Wal-Mart ZERO and K-Mart stopped selling sports cards altogether. Alas I had 1 last glimmer of local hope Maxwell Air Force Base- BX. but e to BRUTUS, they too had stopped stocking sportscards.

So I saved my $$ and went to a card show in Dothan, 2 hrs drive later I find 2 vendors and 1 is selling comics the other so unorganized he couldn't help himself.

So I'm left with online trading, which has changed very much in the past few months. I no longer get the contacts from other set builders. when I check the postings. I find "Looking for only" HOF, High end or impossibly short printed cards.

I did have a small spark of hope and it was here on CCW, a fellow member offered to trade UD Baseball for Football, but doing blind trades only has an average of 3% or so of hitting something I need and I wind up with more cards I can't get rid of.

Therefore I shall heed "Marcus Arrellius" to "continue my quest" to complete as many UD Baseball sets as I can "although it shall be a slow and sometimes painfull journey".

the final note- crying on my cards} their in penny sleeves and top loaders, sure wouldn't want to have to chase cards I already have cause I ruined them.

tx for the read bob
    UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Good luck with your future UD findings. I know sometimes it is frustrating at retail stores since a lot near me dont sell much of anything.

Comment

However I can help let me know.

Comment

Yeah Bob, if I can help you out as well, absolutely let me know. I would love to low end trades for any of these teams cards if you had any...

Boston Red Sox
        Boston Bruins
        Boston Celtics
        New ENgland Patriots

And secondary would be...

Detroit Lions
        Detroit Tigers
        Detroit Red Wings
        Detroit Pistons
        Atlanta Braves
        Minnesota Twins
        Green Bay Packers

Do you have an updated list of UD needs? My cards are all by team. I mean, I could always send you a large lot of UD cards if you had some of the above teams FT! LMK bud. Feel free to pop me off a PM!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

schwood check my recent post on Red Sox ft

A note about my want list. MY WANTLIST is a work in progress, if a UD set IS NOT listed that doesn't mean I dont need cards from that set. Just that it hasn't been added to the wantlist. My wantlist is restricted to 120,000 charecters so as I make space with hits(eliminate the need for a card) I will be adding more Set wants.

If you have UD cards that are not listed and you want to send me a list of what you have ft that would be great

tx for the responses, bob
          UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

Honestly...

Originally posted by bobdabench View Post
            schwood check my recent post on Red Sox ft

A note about my want list. MY WANTLIST is a work in progress, if a UD set IS NOT listed that doesn't mean I dont need cards from that set. Just that it hasn't been added to the wantlist. My wantlist is restricted to 120,000 charecters so as I make space with hits(eliminate the need for a card) I will be adding more Set wants.

If you have UD cards that are not listed and you want to send me a list of what you have ft that would be great

tx for the responses, bob
            I can't make a list of what I have. I really don't have time to do it. But when I get a lot together, I will just send you some stuff. Keep what you need. Trade what you can! Sound good?

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
            Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
            Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
            NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

sounds great tx bob

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has shed a tear on his cardboard. Best of luck in completing those sets... I don't bust packs very often, so I don't have many singles laying around.
                Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X