Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Diamond King article

Top 7: Most Random Donruss Diamond Kings | Bleacher Report

This is a neat article about the 7 most random Diamond Kings players in the 80's and 90's. As a kid, I didn't care for Diamond Kings, but as I have grown older, they have started to grow on me.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Great article... I'm a huge fan of 80's and 90's Diamond Kings... especially the subset version from 1982 to 1991.

Player selection for these cards have always been an interest of mine... and I actually thought about writing a similar post on my blog. Guess I won't have to anymore.
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

I have always like DK, but it is just now that I decided to collect them.
      I collect St. Louis Cardinal's cards.

http://www.john146ministries.blogspot.com/

Comment

tank1976 I thought of you when I saw this article.

Sanjosefuji - I bet you could still write an article from a different perspective. You could always do something like best players to never be on a Diamond King. Another one could be something like Diamond Kings I seemed to pull out of every pack!! Jim Presley comes to mind
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I'll definitely post another DK article... just need to think of a good angle. I like your idea... but that could take a lot of research. I agree though... Jim Presley was one helluva clutch hitter.

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
          tank1976 I thought of you when I saw this article.

Sanjosefuji - I bet you could still write an article from a different perspective. You could always do something like best players to never be on a Diamond King. Another one could be something like Diamond Kings I seemed to pull out of every pack!! Jim Presley comes to mind
          Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I l ike how they changed through the years. The early 80's were very white in color. The late 880's had a lot of blue. After that, some of them kind of lost their artistic work in my opinion.

Comment

Beckett did an article awhile ago where this collector had all DK's from a certain year all signed (dont remember what year they were, 80's I think)...It was a very cool collection since I've always like DK's also.
              Currently looking for:
              Football: The Gronk!
              Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
              Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
              + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
              Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
              http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Working...
              X