Robinson Cano Asking for New Contract Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson Cano Asking for New Contract Extension

Contracts for Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia of concern to Yanks | MLB.com: News

Agent Scott Boras told the New York Post that he wants the Yankees to delete their options on Cano's contract in favor of a new contract extension. Thus far, general manager Brian Cashman has not responded.

"I called Cash to ask about dropping the options, and he hasn't returned the call," Boras told the newspaper.

The Yankees hold two options on the 29-year-old Cano, for $14 million in 2012 and $15 million in 2013, with $2 million buyouts for each year.

The options are part of a four-year, $30 million deal that was negotiated when Cano was represented by agent Bobby Barad. Cano dropped Barad for Boras in February, just before reporting to Spring Training.

At the time, Cano said that the reason behind the switch was "not that I was thinking about a big contract or anything," and that he would not ask the Yankees for an extension to replace his current deal.

"I would never do that," Cano said on Feb. 20. "Those are things that have to be their decision."

Cano is going to get a ton of money.

Comment

I love how he said he didnt change to Boras to get a new contract, and now, he wants a new contract

Comment

Greed,greed,greed that's all it is. $14 & $15 million for "playing" and our teachers,police,firefighters,military,etc get under paid. What is wrong with these athletes ? If I was in Cashman's position I'd in no way drop the options and raise the salary. If Cano isn't happy let him get out on the street with the common every day worker, if he/she is still working due to the economy, and work their jobs at their wages/salary. Athletes are OVER PAID already.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Boras

He is gonna get paid for sure
          Last edited by wheeler281; 10-27-2011, 11:29 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
          X