Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grading question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grading question

    Hi all, I am new here and still checking out the layout, but didn't really see a grading section so I just put this post here. My main interests right now are 1971 topps/opc baseball and 1977 Mexican football, two really condition sensitive sets. What are people thoughts on grading cards like these, I am torn between Beckett and PSA and just wanna pick one and stick to it. Just wondering what peoples thoughts on each service are. thanks.
    http://condition-sensitive.blogspot.com/

  • #2
    I'm not really an expert on grading, but i''ve learned that for older cards, PSA is the way to go for grading.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

    Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

    Comment


    • #3
      PSA IMO is more respected for older cards. PSA may be more cost effective.
      I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

      http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

      Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/


      Save the Ta-Tas

      Comment


      • #4
        To me, it seems PSA is a more respected grading service over-all.......new or old cards.

        I always thought it was funny when you see those GEM Mint 10's from those "other" grading co.'s where the card is all offcenter and has obvious corner /edge damage.

        Currently looking for:
        Football: The Gronk!
        Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
        Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
        + HOFer slab bed or raw.

        Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
        Go Cats!!!

        Trade page:
        http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

        Comment


        • #5
          yeah with the beckett fiascos as of late PSA has jumped ahead IMO

          ^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rosenort View Post
            Hi all, I am new here and still checking out the layout, but didn't really see a grading section so I just put this post here. My main interests right now are 1971 topps/opc baseball and 1977 Mexican football, two really condition sensitive sets. What are people thoughts on grading cards like these, I am torn between Beckett and PSA and just wanna pick one and stick to it. Just wondering what peoples thoughts on each service are. thanks.
            ive got a '71 Topps ive been torn on getting graded myself,although im unsure of who to send it to as well

            Comment


            • #7
              I was leaning towards PSA anyway as the few graded cards I have are PSA. I'm sending my cards them them for sure now.
              http://condition-sensitive.blogspot.com/

              Comment

              Working...
              X