Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Glove Finalists; Award Winners Announced Tommorow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gold Glove Finalists; Award Winners Announced Tommorow

    ESPN2 to Televise First-Ever Rawlings Gold Glove Awards Show | ESPN MediaZone

    ESPN2 will televise the first-ever Rawlings Gold Glove Awards Show – emanating from ESPN’s Baseball Tonight studio in Bristol – Tuesday, Nov. 1, at 10 p.m. ET. The one-hour telecast, hosted by Baseball Tonight’s Karl Ravech with analysts John Kruk and Barry Larkin (a three-time Gold Glove winner – 1994, 1995, 1996), will include the announcement of the 2011 Gold Glove Award winners and extensive highlights and analysis of the best defensive performers and plays during the MLB regular season.

    The Rawlings Gold Glove Awards are presented annually to the best defensive Major League Baseball players in both the American League and National League at every fielding position. All 18 Gold Glove Award winners, one for each position in each league, will be announced during the telecast. Guest presenters Omar Vizquel (11-time Gold Glove winner) and Mike Matheny (four-time winner) will join ESPN Baseball Tonight analysts during the show.
    Who do you all think will win? My predictions are

    AL
    Buehrle - Pitcher
    Wieters - Catcher
    Gonzalez - 1st Base
    Pedroia - 2nd Base
    Cabrera - Short Stop (although I think Hardy deserves to win)
    Beltre - 3rd Base
    Gordon - Left Field
    Ellsbury - Center Field (although I think Bourjos/Jackson are more deserving)
    Francoeur - Right Field

    NL
    Kershaw - Pitcher
    Molina - Catcher
    Votto - 1st Base
    Phillips - 2nd Base
    Tulowitzki - Short Stop
    Polanco - 3rd Base
    Braun - Left Field
    Kemp - Center Field
    Bruce - Right Field

  • #2
    Hardy doesn't deserve it over Asdrubal, lay off the drugs.

    Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
      Hardy doesn't deserve it over Asdrubal, lay off the drugs.
      Hardy had a REALLY nice defensive year, I think you're overlooking him. Flashy plays shouldn't make you an automatic gold glover...well unless you're Jeter

      Comment


      • #4
        Flashy plays are a bonus. Asdrubal gets to balls 90% of SS's can't even think of getting to.

        Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not 100% sure who should get the GOLD GLOVES. However, I think Hardy, Adam Jones, and Nick Markakis should be in the running for SS,CF, & RF. Without a doubt Wieters should have the one for catchers.

          The main items Im looking to trade for are
          Baseball HOFers Autos I need
          Orioles Autos I need
          Baseball HOFers GU I need
          Orioles GU I need
          Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
          However other offers will be considered

          Comment


          • #6
            Very disapointted Carlos Gonzalez isn't up for one, and Matt Holliday, Seriously is that a joke.
            http://condition-sensitive.blogspot.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rosenort View Post
              Very disapointted Carlos Gonzalez isn't up for one, and Matt Holliday, Seriously is that a joke.
              Matt Holliday should never win a Gold Glove.

              Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
              Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

              Comment


              • #8
                Well two (2) of the four (4) "Birds" I mentioned Monday (10/31) got their "GOLD GLOVES". Congratulations to Wieters(c) and Markakis(rf).

                The main items Im looking to trade for are
                Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                Orioles Autos I need
                Baseball HOFers GU I need
                Orioles GU I need
                Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                However other offers will be considered

                Comment


                • #9
                  Glad Tulo won, but Andre Either isn't good in the field, I don't get that one.
                  http://condition-sensitive.blogspot.com/

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X