This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Offseason Potential Signings/Trades Thread

Figured with all the talk that is going on with Baseball right now, it deserved its own thread!

This thread is to post any potential signings/trades and to post info going on around the league.

Mariners Willing To Including Cash In Figgins Trade: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Chone Figgins' signing has been nothing short of a disaster for the Mariners, which is why the team is willing to include cash in any trade involving the infielder according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. There isn't much interest right now, but Morosi says the Mariners view the Reds, Giants, and Tigers as possible trade fits.

Figgins, 33 in January, has hit just .236/.309/.285 with 53 steals in 74 chances during his two years in Seattle. He can play second and third bases, and has also filled in at left field in recent years. There are still two years and $17MM left on his contract, and a $9MM option for 2014 will vest with 600 plate appearances in 2013. It's not unreasonable to think the Mariners will have to eat upwards of $15MM to move Figgins.
    No interest in Figgins personally unless Seattle is asking for nothing in value (prospect wise) and wants to eat most his salary.

---------

Kinzer On Ramirez, Capps, Lindsay: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

•Kinzer says Ramirez won’t be re-signing in Chicago. “That ship has sailed,” he said, according to MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat.
    •Ramirez is looking for a four-year deal or a three-year deal with an option, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
    Not sure who the White Sox plan to replace Ramirez with, but its fits their plans to rebuild.
    ----

Jose Reyes Rumors: Monday: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

•Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that Reyes is the Brewers' top target
    •"There is an expectation [the Marlins] will work something out with Reyes for something in the range of five years, $18-20MM a year," said ESPN's Buster Olney on Sportscenter. Olney sees the Marlins as Reyes' most aggressive suitor.

Comment

Why the hell would the Brewers throw money at Reyes, but not Fielder? Talk about making no sense.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
        Why the hell would the Brewers throw money at Reyes, but not Fielder? Talk about making no sense.
        I heard they offered 6 years and $120 mil before the season but he turned it down. For a team tha hates spending money though it wouldn't make much sense to throw a bunch at someone like Reyes.

Comment

Figgins is vastly overpaid and no one will take him.

Paying Reyes $18 to $20 million per season is insane.

I can see Aramis signing with the Angels.

Comment

Marlins have offered Jose Reyes a 6 year $90 million dollar contract.

Comment

Twins Interested In Doumit, Willingham: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Twins spoke to agent Matt Sosnick today and expressed interest in Ryan Doumit and Josh Willingham, two of his clients, says Joe Christensen of the Star Tribune. Doumit and Willingham are players the Twins could end up aggressively pursuing, particularly if Michael Cuddyer signs elsewhere.

Comment

Francisco Cordero Drawing Heavy Interest: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

At least seven teams have expressed interest in free agent right-hander Francisco Cordero, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. Cordero's agent Bean Stringfellow told MLB.com's Mark Sheldon as much yesterday, but Morosi also names many of the clubs who have interest in Cordero: the Red Sox, Reds, Blue Jays, Marlins, Dodgers, Angels, and Mets.
                The Dodgers want everyone now lol

Comment

now why would the jays want cordero?

Comment

Yankees Invite C.J. Wilson To New York: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

I would love the Yankees to sign Wilson, I really would.

Comment

Prince Fielder Seeks $200MM: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The magic number for Prince Fielder could be $200MM, tweets SI's Jon Heyman - $25MM a year over eight years. I don't see that happening, but here's the latest as Scott Boras dines with mystery teams on Fielder's behalf...
                      If anyone gives Fielder that contract i'd be shocked. Not worth that kind of money at all

Comment

There's NOT a single MLB player getting paid a salary that he's worth, they're ALL OVER PAID !!. They just keep asking for more, and a good # of teams cave in and give it to them (in a lot of cases just to make sure another team doesn't get that player), Without a doubt, professional team athletes are OVER PAID. And they're making MILLIONS (most are), but they're not satisfied, and WANT MILLIONS MORE. Nothing but PURE GREED. If Fielder wants $25 a year for eight years I'd let him sit it out. In my opinion, the are NO TEAM ATHLETES (in any sport) worth that amount of money.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                        Orioles Autos I need
                        Baseball HOFers GU I need
                        Orioles GU I need
                        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                        However other offers will be considered

Comment

C.J. Wilson Rumors: Wednesday: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Bob Garber, the agent for both C.J. Wilson and Roy Oswalt, has been quite busy at the GM meetings as he's met or plans to meet with the Marlins, Yankees, Royals, Angels, Nationals, Rockies, and Rangers during his time in Milwaukee. Garber also told MLBTR that he had at least three new meetings scheduled for today.

The Red Sox will meet with Garber tonight, tweets Daniel Barbarisi of the Wall Street Journal.

Jon Heyman of SI.com (via Twitter) reports that Wilson is setting his sights high for his next contract, seeking a six-year deal worth close to $120MM.

Wilson will start visiting clubs next week and the Angels are among the teams that will get visit, tweets Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times. DiGiovanna adds that Garber will have met with ten teams by end of the GM meetings.

As we learned yesterday, Garber requested a meeting between Wilson and the Yankees in New York. Garber is still waiting to hear back from the Yanks, tweets Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated.

The Marlins have interest in both Wilson and Oswalt, but have more interest in Wilson, tweets Joe Capozzi of The Palm Beach Post.

Whoever pays CJ Wilson anywhere near that amount deserves everything they'll get from him....which is very little

Comment

If Angels sign Wilson, I am no longer an Angels fan. They dont need him, they need a Bat. They dont need another Gary Matthews/Vernon Wells on their team. What is with all of these stupid Angels GMs?

Comment

The GM really doesn't do much for the Angels from what I hear. He's more of a figurehead.

Comment

Working...
                              X