Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Agree to Deal with Jose Reyes

Marlins, Reyes Agree To Six-Year Deal: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

The Marlins and Reyes have agreed to a six-year, $106MM deal, pending a physical, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
    Reyes had to take that money suprised he didn't get a no-trade clause. Hanley can't be happy.

Marlins know their first year in that new ballpark will pretty much determine the entire future of that franchise, so they really don't have much of an option but to overpay solid players.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
      Marlins know their first year in that new ballpark will pretty much determine the entire future of that franchise, so they really don't have much of an option but to overpay solid players.
      The Heat had problems selling out playoff games in a much smaller venue. I'm sure the Marlins will have the same trouble, and then they'll eventually fire sale lol

Comment

Yea, but a new ballpark is a new ballpark. If they put a competitive product on the field, they'll sell out most home games the 1st year.

Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Yea, but the 2nd year (especially if the team isn't very good) won't be nearly as good even if they are solid.

Comment

That's exactly my point. What they do in 2012 will essentially determine the future of the franchise.

If they can work up enough interest to keep attendance numbers good in 2013 and beyond, they'll stay in Miami. If not, that new ballpark will go down as one of the biggest wastes of money in history because that team will eventually move out of Miami.

Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Geez they overpaid him in my opinion. Now they only need a 1B and a SP to sign. Lets see if they shell out another $300 million on 2 other players. Fielder and Wilson? Its almost for sure that they will now trade Hanley.

Comment

This move might have paved the way for Pujols??
                U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

What are they doing with Gabby Sanchez if the sign a 1stbaseman

Comment

Jose Reyes Is Making The Move To South Beach After Agreeing To A Six Year, $106 Milli

Jose Reyes will be heading to South Beach. The All-Star shortstop has just signed with the Miami Marlins in a deal worth $106 Million over six years. He will be joining the newly signed Heath Bell, formally of the San Diego Padres, who just completed the negotiations on his 3 year, $27 million contract with the Marlins yesterday.

Reyes is this year’s NL Batting Champ in an injury-plagued season, finishing on the last day of the season with a hit to bring him to a .337 average. The addition of Reyes to the Marlins line-up should push Hanley Ramirez from the shortstop position to third base.

More...
                    For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by munchman34 View Post
                      What are they doing with Gabby Sanchez if the sign a 1stbaseman
                      I would venture to say that Gabby Sanchez would be traded for an SP
                      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                        Geez they overpaid him in my opinion. Now they only need a 1B and a SP to sign. Lets see if they shell out another $300 million on 2 other players. Fielder and Wilson? Its almost for sure that they will now trade Hanley.

from what ive read when all these rumors started,is that theyre toying with the idea of moving Hanley to 3rd

Comment

still think he is overpaid and the Hanley thing could be interesting
                          I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

great signing. So hope they grab Albert

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
                            X