Tigers trade Ryan Perry to the Nationals for Collin Balester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigers trade Ryan Perry to the Nationals for Collin Balester

According to Jason Beck the Detroit Tigers have traded Ryan Perry to the Washington Nationals for Collin Balester.

Ryan Perry was a 1st round pick by Detroit in 2008, but had not found the expected success in his pro career which included a 5.35 ERA in 36 games during the 2011 season.

Balester was a 4th round pick by the Expos (now Nationals) and like Perry, Balester has struggled to find success including a 2011 season where he had a 4.54 ERA in 23 games.

Balester is likely to compete for one of the last available bullpen spots as a long reliever for the Tigers, according to Jason Beck

Follow us on twitter: @FearTheShadow

Photo Credit: mlive.com

More...
    Last edited by gladdyontherise; 12-09-2011, 09:13 PM.

Who and who? LOL!

Comment

Read the post and you'd find out

Comment

Kerwin, "Who" isn't a relief pitcher he plays "1st". Also, as you stated "Who & who", it wouldn't be advisable to have two "Who's" on the same team. That would make things very confusing. An expression, like what Paul Newman said in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid", "who are these guys" would be less confusing. So, "Who" plays 1st and even though "who" is in the quote, but the "who" in the quote is directed to "these guys". "Who" throughout time will ALWAYS play 1st, check with Abbott & Costello. Now that I've got y'all a little confused, or maybe a lot, have a good day.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Comment

wow a who and a who equals what
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

You can't really compare a "Who" to a "What" because "Who" plays 1st & "What" plays 2nd. That's like comparing Apples to Oranges.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
              Baseball HOFers Autos I need
              Orioles Autos I need
              Baseball HOFers GU I need
              Orioles GU I need
              Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
              However other offers will be considered

Comment

Being a Nats fan, I hate to see Ballister go. He was a decent player and really good at signing autographs.
                Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
                X