Rangers win rights to Darvish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers win rights to Darvish

So what's it going to cost the Rangers to sign Darvish, and how long of a contract will he get? Also, early reports that he might be Opening Day worthy. Thoughts? It's good to see Texas doing something good after missing out on CJ Wilson resigning.
    I collect these guys (please PM me):

Roy Halladay: 241/3731 = 6.46%
    Please PM me if you have any low #ed 2010 Bowman Chrome refractors of Halladay (#180)!!!
    Hunter Morris: 55/119 = 46.22%
    Looking for low #ed 2011 Bowman Chrome refractors of Morris

Good Move. It says a bit to their fan base as well... They are not cheap and are willing to make attempts instead of pocketing dollars from other owners..

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Rangers win Darvish rights with record bid - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

Geez $51.7 million just to negotiate with him. So his Japanese team will get that if/when Darvish signs. If anyone was going to the Rangers, I am glad it isnt Fielder.

Comment

If they land Fielder as well they could give the Angels a run.
        Baseball Writer for Cardboard Connection
        EastTexasSportsCards.com
        Follow on Twitter: @ETsportscards

Comment

This move saves some face with CJ Wilson leaving.
          http://condition-sensitive.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm with alot of people on this one in that I don't quite understand why they would miss out on Wilson, someone who's proven to have success in Texas, then blow MORE money on the unproved Darvish. Tons of upside, sure, but really would you rather have Wilson or Darvish at this point?

Also, what are the realistic possibilities of the Rangers landing Darvish AND Fielder? Nolan Ryan and company are good, but that would qualify as monumental off-season acquisitions.
            I collect these guys (please PM me):

Roy Halladay: 241/3731 = 6.46%
            Please PM me if you have any low #ed 2010 Bowman Chrome refractors of Halladay (#180)!!!
            Hunter Morris: 55/119 = 46.22%
            Looking for low #ed 2011 Bowman Chrome refractors of Morris

Comment

Working...
            X