Baseball card issue on The People's Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball card issue on The People's Court

Today, I saw an episode of People's Court where the guy sued b/c he bought 4 autographed Yankees cards from a guy on Craig's list. They included Mickey Mantle, DiMaggio, and two others. The price was $450 and then the guy had them authenticated for about another $250. They ended up being fake. The judge gave him the 450 and the 250 back. The guy being sued was given his cards back.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I saw the episode of Pawn Stars where that guy brought in a bat signed by Babe Ruth and Christy Mathewson that turned out to be a fake. It was traced back to that autograph dealer busted by the feds in Operation Bullpen. Just goes to show how careful you have to be these days in certain parts of the hobby.

Comment

Sad to know there are jerks like these out there to depreciate ...or spread dishonesty around the hobby.

Currently looking for:
        Football: The Gronk!
        Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
        Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
        + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
        Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
        http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

I'm glad the law sided with the victim. It's a shame that the guy was given back the autographed cards... hopefully he doesn't turn around and screw someone else.
          Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

very sad people have to be dishonest
            I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
            X