Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone gettin a box of 2012 Topps series 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone gettin a box of 2012 Topps series 1?

I think they come out in a day or two...Anyone getting one?

If so where would you order it from? Or do you buy from a local hobby shop?

What's the price per box?

Thanks!

I am not buying a box. I have preodered some team cards. I collect the St. L Cardinals. I have seen the boxes priced form around 55.00 to 80 dollars. Of course, there are differnt types of boxes- retail and hobby boxes.
    I will buy from a retail store right now- just a few packs. The nearest hobby shop to me is around 45 minutes away.
    By the way, welcome to the board!
    I collect St. Louis Cardinal's cards.

http://www.john146ministries.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'll just be going for singles myself. Retail has hit the market already, and I really like the jersey design, so i'll get any Tigers jerseys

Comment

I am actually doing a Pack Wars on Friday with the Hobby box. Which I think are going closer to 100 bucks or so. I think he has them for 95. Supposed to be a TON of gold insert stuff this year. Sound like fun.

And hopefully I win something in the Pack Wars as well.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

i ordered a box of jumbos from blowout for $110.50.hopefully i will get a complete series1 set plus inserts.
          http://s13.photobucket.com/user/mres...41609061716642

Comment

Last year I think was the first year I did not get the full base set. Only was missing a couple, and not big names. Just some randoms. But, I am going to a Pack Wars, and if my buddy goes I may get his base, as he just collects Red Sox. So, I should be good.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

What is a pack wars?

Comment

It is actually kind of cool!

THey do them at the LCS here.

This one is based off of 2012 TOpps Series 1 baseball. First off, the owner gets pizza for the break. So, you get food to boot. You buy a box of the featured product. You open a pack, and he calls out a stat from the back of the card....

Heaviest player
                Talllest Player
                Best Career BA
                Best Career ERA
                Most Career HRs

Something like that. The person with the player that has the highest stat wins. If there is a tie (which there usually is) you draw from a stack of cards and he does a closest to the number wins. They have prizes. Boxes of cards. Auto'd pictures. SUpplies. ALl sorts of stuff. It is sponsored by TOpps so usually some pretty cool stuff.

So, it is fun, you can win some prizes, and you get free food.

Comment

No kiddin? Sounds fun! Where in MA? Im from Tewksbury bit living in CT for school

Comment

I actually live in NH. Up in Nashua. The shop is up off of Amherst Street (101A) in Amherst.

Comment

Oh no kidding, my friend lives in Nashua

Comment

It is a cool thing. You pay for the box and you get that, food, and hopefully you win a prize. It is a real blast!

Comment

Maybe I'll check it out next time I'm back home!

Comment

I went to my local walmart to get some 2012 topps baseball cards today( Feb 1st.). They had boxes, single packs, and rack packs. They items did not have any prices on them. I asked an associate about the packs. They did not show up in their system. She brings over a manager. The manger finds the price for the packs, but they are not entered in their system in a way that they can be sold. The manager told me vendors take care of the ball cards. They had to call the company and have them enter the cards into the system. She them could all the packs and boxes to the back office area.

I was told it would be, maybe, tomorrow when the packs would be in the system. I told here ok and left the store. To be honest, the baseball cards are one of the few reasons I go to my local walmart.

It would be such a big deal, but they are really the only place in my town that has baseball cards. I am not mad- just disappointed.

I guess I will have to wait a few days.

Hope everyone else has a great day of collecting the new 2012 topps baseball cards.
                            I collect St. Louis Cardinal's cards.

http://www.john146ministries.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X