Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Guillen Returns To Mariners

Guillen returns to Seattle on minor league deal - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

If I remember correctly from way back 14 years ago, didnt the Mariners trade Randy Johnson to the Astros for Freddy Garcia and Carlos Guillen?

Carlos Guillen is returning to Seattle after agreeing to a minor league contract with the Mariners.

The 36-year-old spent the past eight seasons in Detroit where he was a three-time All-Star and hit .308 in his career with the Tigers playing five positions: left field, third base, shortstop, second base and first base. Guillen started his career with the Mariners from 1998-03, playing in 488 games in Seattle. Guillen is likely to compete for a reserve utility role with the Mariners.

Ramon Santiago was traded to Seattle for Carlos Guillen years ago, now both are back with their former teams

Comment

Sorry Gladdy key2win is right:

07-31-1998: Traded by Houston Astros (with Freddy Garcia and John Halama) to Seattle Mariners for Randy Johnson
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

This is the trade your thinking of:

01-08-2004: Traded by Seattle Mariners to Detroit Tigers for Ramon Santiago

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I knew Guillen came from Houston originally, but my comments were unrelated to Kerwin's.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
            I knew Guillen came from Houston originally, but my comments were unrelated to Kerwin's.
            Sorry Sir, when he mentioned Houston I had forgotten that was were he started. Always had thought that it was the Mariners then the Tigs.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

He's been a really nice player. It's too bad that injuries have hurt him recently.
              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Guillen was great until he hurt himself back in 04, then 05, then 08, 09, 10 and 11

Comment

Will the Mariners ever get back to the top?

Comment

Working...
                  X