Josh Hamilton had a relapse with alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Hamilton had a relapse with alcohol

Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse with alcohol | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

Texas Rangers star Josh Hamilton has experienced a relapse in his ongoing battle against substance abuse, the Dallas Morning News reported on Thursday night.

Reporter Gerry Fraley credits sources for relaying that Hamilton was spotted drinking in an Dallas-area bar. Fraley also acquired a statement from the team that acknowledged the story, but did not confirm it. Hamilton made headlines in the summer of 2009 after pictures of him drinking and partying in an Arizona bar made their way onto Deadspin.
    --
    Sad to hear.

I hope this does not continue to be anything much worse than what was written. His story of how he came back to MLB and became a superstar is amazing. I would hate to see him do something to affect his career now.

Comment

Hopefully this story isn't true.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

hopefully he can comeback and try to stay clean.

Comment

It's just a minor speedbump in his road to sobriety this will not affect his upcoming season and I am sure he will get a firm handle on this issue.
          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

The story also stated the Rangers had been on record saying they had a zero tolerence policy with Hamilton regarding alcholol...hopefully they will be supportive and allow him to get the help he needs to get back on track...

He has inspired many with the way he has been open about his past...tough to see him slip up like this..

Comment

hate to hear it also, but last time i checked alcohol was leagal...long as he stays away from the white powder and heroin the Rangers should support him IMO

Comment

It was also reported that Ian Kinsler came to the bar to convince Hamilton to return home. I hate to say this, but I don't see the Rangers or any other team for that matter, offering Hamilton a Matt Kemp or Prince Fielder type contract because of the threat of relapse, but I hope he can overcome this and continue his success.

Comment

Originally posted by Oilman View Post
                  hate to hear it also, but last time i checked alcohol was leagal...long as he stays away from the white powder and heroin the Rangers should support him IMO
                  To be fair, the Rangers already support someone who got into the white powder lol

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                  Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                  Johnson/Mears/
                  Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

ruh roh he had a drink... Not like he was shooting Heroin at the dinner table. Welcome to the 24hrs news cycle where anything is reported

Now if he was drunk and running naked down the highway like Barrett Robins then I would say newsworthy

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Ya who cares really. Want him to drink apple juice for the rest of his life?

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/HaZeOfGrEEn
                      http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/feardaspear26/

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                        ruh roh he had a drink... Not like he was shooting Heroin at the dinner table. Welcome to the 24hrs news cycle where anything is reported

Now if he was drunk and running naked down the highway like Barrett Robins then I would say newsworthy
                        For someone who fights an addiction every day, it's a pretty big deal. Especially to a team considering giving him a long term contract.

Comment

He handled his press conference very well. He is truly a stand up guy!
                          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                            For someone who fights an addiction every day, it's a pretty big deal. Especially to a team considering giving him a long term contract.
                            Know a few guys that have been in and out of rehab. This is a minor story in the fight. This is nothing actually for a guy to have a couple drinks that has fought addiction. He did not get out of control and binge drink. He had support like most and they helped him through it. Non story.

Might be sad to hear for some that are out of touch with the world or just not experienced as my old arse. In the game of addiction and life this is nadda.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Miggy getting drunk and threatening to murder people and blow up buildings.....now THAT'S a story.

(too easy)

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                              Johnson/Mears/
                              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
                              X